New member/owner - Headlamp questions, not working

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
RustyKisashi

Well... I've gotten the bumper off and am attempting to install the Auxbeam F22 LED kit. Turns out the burned out low beams are Morimoto with the added box, etc and I'm having a bit of a time trying to see what fits where, assuming I delete the boxes labeled Marimoto. First of all, I note that the OEM wiring is labeled in English? In that case, there is a ballast that is OEM? The LEDs run on straight 12V but where do those ballasts come in? I suppose an original wiring diagram would be useful. Feeling pretty stupid...
old tech

RustyKisashi wrote:Hi fellow Kizashi owners! Back in 2007, ordered an SX-4 with all the options and a manual transmission. Great car but it had to go. A couple years later after I bought, I heard about the Kizashi which really looked perfect and then I saw on on FB dealing with "obscure" cars and travelled to the other coast (Pennsylvania of course) to find a 2011 SLS with a 6MT and had a wonderful drive home. When driving at night, the lights were dim and so I did a restore on the cover/lens. When I checked on the operation, only the two inside lights work, the outside (larger ones) don't light. So first question: when the headlights are on, is it the outer ones? Seems obvious, but.... the inner ones work fine and go to high beam when selected. Second question is this: I'll check fuses but given the issues with bulb burnout (yes, looked through the archive) I thought to order a replacement HID system recommended some years ago. When I go to retrofitsource.com, I only see replacements for the inner lights (high beam/DRL) and fog lamps but not the outer lamps. BTW, absolutely love this car. 106K and still so tight. Other than that, it kind of clunks going over broken pavement but not over speed bumps. Is that some kind of known issue? Also the A/C was strong when I bought but is now just barely adequate. I will take it to an A/C shop but any ideas other than a leak? Thanks so much for you all being there. I'm in Central Coastal CA where I've seen ONE in the wild, ever. They are completely unknown where I am. TIA!
Your noise over slightly diagonal bumps is rear stabilizer bar to frame bushings. Camry bushing can be shaved, existing bushings can be shimmed with a nickel, but the correct repair is original Suzuki bushing. I use Auxbeam f22 in the low beams which are on all the time when headlights are requested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
old tech

RustyKisashi wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:32 pm Well... I've gotten the bumper off and am attempting to install the Auxbeam F22 LED kit. Turns out the burned out low beams are Morimoto with the added box, etc and I'm having a bit of a time trying to see what fits where, assuming I delete the boxes labeled Marimoto. First of all, I note that the OEM wiring is labeled in English? In that case, there is a ballast that is OEM? The LEDs run on straight 12V but where do those ballasts come in? I suppose an original wiring diagram would be useful. Feeling pretty stupid...
There is no ballast for usa issued Kizashi headlights. Both high and low beams were originally H7 halogen bulbs. On the Auxbeam plug, you will notice the + symbol and it goes to the red on low beam original bulb connector
KuroNekko

RustyKisashi wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:32 pm Well... I've gotten the bumper off and am attempting to install the Auxbeam F22 LED kit. Turns out the burned out low beams are Morimoto with the added box, etc and I'm having a bit of a time trying to see what fits where, assuming I delete the boxes labeled Marimoto. First of all, I note that the OEM wiring is labeled in English? In that case, there is a ballast that is OEM? The LEDs run on straight 12V but where do those ballasts come in? I suppose an original wiring diagram would be useful. Feeling pretty stupid...
If the car has a Morimoto HID kit, then the ballasts (the boxes the bulbs are connected to) are part of the kit (not OE to the car) and should be connected to a relay harness that is connected to the battery. Morimoto kits come with this "HD Relay" unlike most other HID and LED kits that connect directly into the OE headlight wiring. If you need guidance, check out my write-up as I installed a Morimoto HID kit many years ago and still use the HD Relay.

As for the LED kit, they don't need the relay harness but might be compatible with it if the connectors are the same. I've only run LEDs in my high beams/DRLs personally and those don't have a relay harness for those. Either way, the Morimoto ballasts for the HID bulbs are no longer needed for the LED kit so take them out.

Here's my HID installation write-up that can help you figure out the Morimoto HD Relay and ballasts. viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2861
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Manual Kizashier

I fitted Calibre Long Life replacement globes after the OEM ones failed. Have been fine for nearly 3 years.

As for A/C leak - check the low side valve under the cap. A common location for slow leaks.