Esp and abs light

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Obama_is_hot6

Bad news :( i was doing doughnuts in a icey parkinglot and all of a sudden my dashboard said service abs system and service esp. What the hell happened? Anyone know what couldve broke? And should i continue to drive?
Update, i turned my car off and on and for now the warnings went away... ill keep updating, but my original question still stands ^
YUUUURT
KuroNekko

You probably stressed or overheated some component of the ESP system by doing donuts. Did you turn off the traction control first? If not, probably should.
And while we're on the topic, I'll share my opinion and experience that you can disregard if you want:

The Kizashi is a rare car that is from a brand that is no longer in the US. The Kizashi is also no longer in production and parts are scarce, especially in the US and Canada. These factors spell that doing things that unnecessarily stress the car can put you in a situation with a broken car that is hard to fix. Donuts, stunts, etc. might be fun and exciting but look at the cars and the guys that typically do it. Those cars won't be running in a few years either from mechanical damage and/or physical destruction. My point is that the Kizashi might not be a car you want to mess around in given it's going to be hard to fix and replace unless it's disposable to you. However, didn't you fly and drive back almost cross-country for a Kizashi?

It's not like I'm innocent of it either. Many years ago when my Kizashi was still in low mileage, I drove it around an empty parking lot in several inches of fresh snow to see how it handled, doing wide circles and such. I wasn't quite doing donuts, but definitely having fun romping in the snow. However, what I didn't see were parking blocks under the snow in some parts and ended up running over a few, slamming my subframe. Thankfully, nothing was really messed up but I cracked some underbody plastic and scratched the flex pipe under the engine. I got off lucky but learned my lesson: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Obama_is_hot6

KuroNekko wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:57 am You probably stressed or overheated some component of the ESP system by doing donuts. Did you turn off the traction control first? If not, probably should.
And while we're on the topic, I'll share my opinion and experience that you can disregard if you want:

The Kizashi is a rare car that is from a brand that is no longer in the US. The Kizashi is also no longer in production and parts are scarce, especially in the US and Canada. These factors spell that doing things that unnecessarily stress the car can put you in a situation with a broken car that is hard to fix. Donuts, stunts, etc. might be fun and exciting but look at the cars and the guys that typically do it. Those cars won't be running in a few years either from mechanical damage and/or physical destruction. My point is that the Kizashi might not be a car you want to mess around in given it's going to be hard to fix and replace unless it's disposable to you. However, didn't you fly and drive back almost cross-country for a Kizashi?

It's not like I'm innocent of it either. Many years ago when my Kizashi was still in low mileage, I drove it around an empty parking lot in several inches of fresh snow to see how it handled, doing wide circles and such. I wasn't quite doing donuts, but definitely having fun romping in the snow. However, what I didn't see were parking blocks under the snow in some parts and ended up running over a few, slamming my subframe. Thankfully, nothing was really messed up but I cracked some underbody plastic and scratched the flex pipe under the engine. I got off lucky but learned my lesson: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
yeah lol i did that in the new one i just got ^ and also yeah i turned off traction control. thats a good point i should buy a shitty rear wheel drive car to destroy but then id have three cars :skull: lmao

do you got any suggestions on awd or rwd cars that would be a fun beater? i mean in complete honestly i cant NOT do dumb shit in cars its just too much fun lol, but your right the less i do it in my kizashi the better
YUUUURT
SAEED_KIZZY

read the code by scan tool I guess
Obama_is_hot6

SAEED_KIZZY wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:40 am read the code by scan tool I guess
Which code scanner works with the kizashi? I heard that alot of the cheaper ones cant
YUUUURT
SAEED_KIZZY

I usually use the standard Suzuki scan tool SDT, if it's not possible,you can use the wifi OBD tool I heard those works on Kizashi.
another option is to go to a shop with a fancy scan tool like ThinkTool or Launch and read all the module's code.