Kizashi information

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
BatNasko

I totally agree with you guys on everything. I also for all my cars that I have had that have 0w20, 5w20, 0w30 and 5w30 oil specifications, I use 5w30 as the most optimal for my region. On that note, as you said about parts I'm thinking of replacing all shocks and accordingly MacPherson etc. I'm from Europe/Bulgaria and I've come to like parts from RockAuto which I can possibly get by container for not lots of money. Here a front shock is $120-150 and in the US it's $57....Should I open a new thread or reach out to one of you on the forum for help choosing a parts kit?

Изпратено от моят M2101K6G с помощта на Tapatalk

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT FWD (Silver)
KuroNekko

KlutzNinja wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:57 pm Hi Kuro, I hope the stuff has come in handy :drive:.

For what it’s worth, the Kizashi isn’t alone in oil grades differing by region. My Mazda’s engine calls for 0W-20 here in the US, but 5W-30 in Europe, I believe. American owners put either of those in their Skyactiv engines, or occasionally 5W-20, depending on their area’s climate. I think I’ve read of some using 10w oils. Just what I’ve seen on BITOG and Mazda forums.
I’m sure there are other internationally sold cars with this oil grade variance, too. Maybe part of the difference is due to gasoline quality? I thought I read that on BITOG or something. Apparently American gasoline isn’t that great compared to European gasoline.
I've used some of the maintenance items like the filters. I also swapped out the splash guard as yours was in better shape than mine. Thanks again for the goods.
As for the Euro comparison, interesting that the Mazda3 calls for thinner oil in the US than Europe. That's the opposite of the Kizashi, it appears. As for the gasoline, I wonder if the difference is ethanol from corn. Corn is a native crop of the Americas thus ethanol appears to be more prevalent in the American continents. Just a guess.
BatNasko wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:58 pm I totally agree with you guys on everything. I also for all my cars that I have had that have 0w20, 5w20, 0w30 and 5w30 oil specifications, I use 5w30 as the most optimal for my region. On that note, as you said about parts I'm thinking of replacing all shocks and accordingly MacPherson etc. I'm from Europe/Bulgaria and I've come to like parts from RockAuto which I can possibly get by container for not lots of money. Here a front shock is $120-150 and in the US it's $57....Should I open a new thread or reach out to one of you on the forum for help choosing a parts kit?

I used to buy parts on RockAuto and replaced all my shocks with KYB shocks I got there. I've since avoided them after they imposed an unfair return policy after sending me opened/missing/damaged parts in two out of three items in an order. When I returned the whole order, they refused a complete refund because at least one item was returned without fault. Basically, it would have been cheaper for me to be dishonest and damage/open the part than to return it in brand new condition. It's a stupid policy for them to have in this age of Amazon. I tried to avoid Amazon but my wife has a Prime account and after RockAuto dicking me on a return, I rather shop Amazon. Amazon has much faster free shipping and much better return policies compared to RockAuto. So, yes, RockAuto prices might be good but my recent experience has left me very frustrated with them. They were literally sending damaged brake pads with missing hardware yet charged me restocking fees for returning one item in the same package! Customer service gave no shits I was a loyal customer for over 10 years.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
BatNasko

And how about this partsgeek site?

2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT FWD (Silver)
KlutzNinja

KuroNekko wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:50 pm I've used some of the maintenance items like the filters. I also swapped out the splash guard as yours was in better shape than mine. Thanks again for the goods.
As for the Euro comparison, interesting that the Mazda3 calls for thinner oil in the US than Europe. That's the opposite of the Kizashi, it appears. As for the gasoline, I wonder if the difference is ethanol from corn. Corn is a native crop of the Americas thus ethanol appears to be more prevalent in the American continents. Just a guess.
Glad you were able to use some of the filters! I have no idea how long I would have held on to that engine air filter; 49 months of ownership and the filter in my car didn’t seem to get dirty lol.

I forgot to add that the 2.5L SkyActiv turbo does call for 5W-30 in the US (not sure about elsewhere), plus its own OEM filter. The standard OEM filter can be used across the 1.6L (in the Mazda2 rebadged as the Yaris), 2.0L, and naturally aspirated 2.5L, so having a SkyActiv Mazda family is really convenient if you do your own oil changes. But I believe aftermarket oil filters will fit on all four SkyActiv engines. I’ve been meaning to bring this up in the oil filter thread that was recently resurrected, but Mazda’s (current) OEM filter, which I installed last year, is also by Tokyo Roki. I’m going with aftermarket afterwards because, as that thread stated, the TR filters are good, but not worth the premium.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)