Ipod classic, 7G problem

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
kingcrimson

Hi All,

I purchased an Ipod classic for use in my Kizashi. The Ipod worked ok the first several days I used it, but then I noticed an intermittent problem. I would get an Error 2 on the head unit of the Kizashi, and I'd have to unplug the Ipod, and then plug it back in. After that, the unit might be ok, but then would stop working again (probability of about 0.5 it seemed). So there is an issue with the 7G classic.

I have an old Ipod Nano (2G) that works just fine. Too bad it only holds 4G.

Bob
'10 Kizashi SE, FWD, CVT
metatrox

I know if i have my iPhone 4 plugged in and turn the car off then come back and turn it on with the iPhone still plugged in i get an error 2 also. I usually unplug and plug it back in. I've never had it happen while during use though.
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
Shaneous

I have seen this with my wifes ipod nano - intermittently and never during use. Always when starting the car with the unit plugged in.
kingcrimson

Interesting - I just purchased an ipod touch 3G - will see how that goes. I hope that I don't have the same problem. I find it very annoying that you have reconnect, especially since there is a little plastic door in front of the USB connector. I wonder if this is an issue with newer ipods, and not with old ones...

Shaneous: Does your wife have a new Nano, or an older one?

I've never had the problem once the car has started. I've also tried putting the car in accessory mode first, and then starting. But the problem occurs as soon as there is power to the unit.

Bob
'10 Kizashi SE, FWD, CVT
Shaneous

Its a newish one.. about 9 months old. Its only happened a few times, not all the time.
kingcrimson

In case anyone is reading this thread - the Touch 3G does work. The only issue I've seen thus far is that you may sometimes have to switch the head unit back to USB mode after the ignition has been turned off and on.

IMO, it is the best of the available options if you want a reasonable amount of storage (but currently limited to 64G).

Bob
'10 Kizashi SE, FWD, CVT
Skibum

I also have the same problem with the Ipod Classic. The Suzuki manual does say to disconnect the Ipod when not in use, so this may not in fact be a problem.