RPM Spiking

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
gentle_ben

Thanks everyone. I believe the Kizashi is a great car, and we indeed just got a lemon unfortunately. I hope you all get to enjoy your cars for years to come.

The service manager actually came outside to talk with my wife and I before I left and he made me believe he genuinely felt bad for us, and thought was his boss did was a total dick move.

Its a fight we couldn't win, and at the end of the day its just a car, so we will learn from this and research our next dealership and car company a lot more thoroughly next time.

Thanks for all the support everyone.
KIZFAN2

This is a market place story, you should contact the CBC.

With the recent fix, have the tranny issues been resolved thus far?
2011 Kizashi SX
BxKizashiS

Wow, thats weird, i never noticed anything like that and im on 18k miles already.. ima keep a look out to see if i notice it.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi S AWD
H&R Springs, RRM Intake, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust, NRG Bucket Seats, Takata Drift II Harness, Cypher Auto Harness Bar, 25 shot NOS(for now)
Facebook.com/jpreludesi
IG: N2OKizashi
WIKizashi

Your case is exactly why Lemon Laws exist. Are you pursuing that option?
KIZFAN2

WIKizashi wrote:Your case is exactly why Lemon Laws exist. Are you pursuing that option?

Unfortunately, such laws don't exist in Canada :(
2011 Kizashi SX
gentle_ben

KIZFAN2 wrote:
WIKizashi wrote:Your case is exactly why Lemon Laws exist. Are you pursuing that option?

Unfortunately, such laws don't exist in Canada :(

There is an arbitration process you can go through, its quite complicated but I was willing to take it on. Unfortunately the manufacturer has to be a member of the group that arbitrates these such things, and of course Suzuki is not a supporting member.

Most of the larger manufacturers are members though.
gentle_ben

KIZFAN2 wrote:This is a market place story, you should contact the CBC.

With the recent fix, have the tranny issues been resolved thus far?
I am gathering data to send to different media outlets.

The new transmission (like all the other ones when they were new) is working just fine. Best fuel mileage we've seen with the car since we bought it in fact. They put the updated oil pan on the replacement transmission. Shockingly the new transmissions don't come with the updated oil pan.
rannel.bradley

My car has began to do the exact same thing, except the speed never changes, there is nothing noticeable at all except for the spike on the rpm gauge. Did the final repair solve your problem, do you have any updates?
gentle_ben

Just to update this thread, for anyone else who is having these problems.

Suzuki never did manage to fix our car, after replacing the TCM, ECM, steering wheel, sound system heat unit, 4 transmissions (yes 4!), putting on the updated oil pan, and making us pay to remove our expensive remote start system (that they authorized for us to install), and having our car for 4 months in total over the span of all the repairs and having Suzuki factory reps come and look at our car.... nothing was ever solved.

Eventually we gave up and sold the car at a huge loss.

Not that it matters anymore, but Suzuki is the worst car company I have ever dealt with. I tried to get our story to the media but with Suzuki pulling out of the North American market at the time there wasn't much interest in it.

It really is too bad, this was the perfect car for my wife, and if we hadn't had these issues we would still be driving it today.