RPM Spiking

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
gentle_ben

Well, unfortunately the transmission is acting up again, only this time its even worse than before. Its doing the RPM spiking at almost any speed over 30 mph. I am so fed up with this car, my wife was just on a long trip with our daughter, and it started doing this and it really scared her b/c the car will just randomly accelerate on you without warning.

I don't know what my options are at this point, but my first call will be to the service department at the Suzuki Dealer to report their fixes have not worked yet again. Second call will be to Suzuki Canada to see what they are willing to do for me.

At this point I am willing to elevate my complaint beyond Suzuki if need be, this car is dangerous to drive, and despite 3 transmission changes, a TCM replacement, and an upgraded oil pan, they still can't solve it.
gentle_ben

Well all I can say is Suzuki Canada does not care about their customers.

I spent all week talking to different reps within the company, and basically all they are willing to do is to continue throwing parts at our car.

If I had the disposable income to simply trade this car off, I would do it as soon as Suzuki is done putting a new transmission in it, but unfortunately at this time I cannot do that.

Suzuki is not even willing to extend our warranty to equal the number of weeks our car has been in at the dealership getting all these repairs which is now going to total nearly 8 weeks after this last repair.
coref1

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Sounds like you got a real lemon made more frustrating by your dealer who seems to have no idea.
In this situation Suzuki should be forced to either totally replace the car or give a total money refund.
I don't know what the laws are in Canada but in Australia, where i am, we have no real lemon laws so I'll have to keep my fingers crossed it doesn't happen to me.
KIZFAN2

Wow what a fiasco! Now that I am out of warranty, I really hope my car doesn't decide to do this.
2011 Kizashi SX
gentle_ben

We don't really have anything worthwhile as far as lemon laws go in Canada either unfortunately.

An update as of today, well Suzuki Canada has ordered that we remove anything aftermarket from the car to rule out anything we've done to it as a cause. The only "mods" we have done is a command start system which my wife requires for her job (she works on call at the hospital, and when its -40 celcius outside she needs to be able to start the car immediately so it has time to warm up a bit), and we tinted the windows.

It wasn't good enough for Suzuki for us to have the remote system completely unhooked from the car, the system had to be completely removed before they would even look at it again, every wire and every module had to be gone. Even though our first transmission went before we even had command start, and even though the evidence points at a mechanical problem related to heat and or torque, they still insisted that this be done.

So I had to pay my installer to completely remove the system from our car this morning. Suzuki flat out told me that they do not recommend remote starters be installed in their vehicles, and I flat out told them that the salesman was aware that this was a REQUIREMENT for our new vehicle to have and he assured us we could have a remote start installed with absolutely no warranty issues from them... yeah right.

So I drove back to the dealership, with the remote starter removed, and the transmission acted up the entire way (which I recorded for evidence).

I don't have much faith in this company anymore, I feel the dealership is trying to represent me as best they can, but Suzuki Canada is just ridiculous.
coref1

This is a terrible situation for you and no comfort for other Kizashi owners either. I've seen problems like this happen over the years with numerous manufacturers and dealers. The problem snowballs because they don't know how to fix it and to make matters worse they're reluctant to take responsibility.
You did the right thing recording the latest incident and i suggest you make a written log of everything that has happened to date.
KIZFAN2

A small claims lawsuit may be in order. I have had to deal with Suzuki Canada a few times in the past and it is clear that they don't give a f*** about their customers.

The reps over the phone don't offer much help and won't escalate your call. I submitted a BBB complaint against them.
2011 Kizashi SX
gentle_ben

So I got a call from Suzuki yesterday, and the brilliant minds in Suzuki Engineering have located the problem. After 3 transmissions, an transmission oil pan replacement, and making us remove our expensive remote start system, they figure the problem all along was..... the battery.... call me skeptical but I really don't think my car is fixed. Picking it up on Friday, probably trading it in on something else as soon as we can afford to.

Sorry to say it, but after three years of complete horseshit, Suzuki sucks.
coref1

Yes not good. I bet they won't ask you to do a customer satisfaction survey.
KIZFAN2

keep us updated. Hopefully it is fixed, not sure how a battery issue would cause this.
2011 Kizashi SX