RPM Spiking

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
gentle_ben

I went and picked up our car on Thursday. The dealership had put 180km on our car and burnt all the fuel I had left in there (about half a tank) so that shows you how hard they were driving it for those 180km. Doesn't make you feel very good to pick up your car with the fuel light already on. The mechanic must have decided to have himself a snack b/c our car which we keep absolutely spotless had melted chocolate all over the shift lever and chocolate crumbs all over the center console and seats.

I complained to the service manager about the amount of km and he said it was Suzuki who asked them to drive it that much for diagnostics. They were not able to reproduce the problem with all those km.

I drove 5km away from the dealership and it started happening as soon as I hit highway speeds (100km/h). It continued to have the issue for the next 130 km I drove the car for. I recorded it multiple times for evidence.

Called Suzuki first thing in the morning on Friday and I had my car back to them by 2:00pm. I've consulted a few friends in the automotive industry and they have suggested I hire a lawyer. I may call one and just see what my options are, I really don't want to enter into a legal battle as I don't have the time or patience for one right now.

I will continue to update this thread with whatever crazy scheme Suzuki comes up with next for this car.
murcod

That's disgusting service - eating in your car and using all the fuel up. It's bad enough you're having so many problems.
David
coref1

Have you thought about going to the media with your situation? In Australia we don't have much in the way of lemon laws either but in the past people have managed to get manufacturers to take responsibility by embarrassing them on tv.
I'm not much of a fan of commercial tv the way they sensationalise things but sometimes they can be useful.
gentle_ben

coref1 wrote:Have you thought about going to the media with your situation? In Australia we don't have much in the way of lemon laws either but in the past people have managed to get manufacturers to take responsibility by embarrassing them on tv.
I'm not much of a fan of commercial tv the way they sensationalise things but sometimes they can be useful.
I have thought about this, and it has been suggested to me by a few other people too, however I don't think it would do much good considering that Suzuki is pulling out of the North American auto market completely.

I may do it still, I have strong media connections, but it will have far less impact with them shutting their dealer network down.
coref1

Understood. Many of the dealers here sell more then one brand of car so if it's the same there perhaps focussing on the Dealer may still be worthwhile. Do you have any Government Consumer Departments at all? We have State Departments here which aren't great but better then nothing.
KIZFAN2

Where are you in canada? Maybe try calling a few other dealers in the area and get their opinion.
2011 Kizashi SX
gentle_ben

KIZFAN2 wrote:Where are you in canada? Maybe try calling a few other dealers in the area and get their opinion.
I am in Manitoba, there is one other Suzuki dealer in Winnipeg, its not as convenient to get too, but it would be worth a shot maybe. The reason I have been sticking with the current dealership is it was very hard to get them believe the problem was happening in the first place, so I guess I didn't want to go through the whole thing again with a new dealership.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I may give that a shot.

I haven't heard anything back from the dealership yet and they've had the car since last Friday. My wife and I discussed it at length and unless they find something that is obviously the root cause and makes technical sense, without replacing any parts they've previously replaced, then we aren't going to even try to keep this car any longer.
gentle_ben

Quick update. They had our car for a week, I called them on Friday to see what the progress was. They said they couldn't recreate the problem and that I would have to come in and get the car to have the issue. All my video evidence wasn't good enough, and the data logs they have recorded in the past were not good enough, according to them.

Rage doesn't quite do justice as to how I feel towards Suzuki at this point, but I decided to remain calm. I called this morning to confirm I would be coming to pick up the car, but by some miracle a mechanic was able to recreate the problem and capture the data finally.

I'm not quite sure what the issue was recreating the problem, I've given them several videos showing them how to do it.

The information has been sent off to Suzuki so now I play the waiting game again.
Woodie

They probably hadn't touched it at all when you called on Friday.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
murcod

Sounds like a classic case of "we're not interested"..... and they're trying to wear you down!
David