Steering Wheel Issue - Check Yours

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
gentle_ben

If you live in a cold climate, inspect your steering wheel from time to time.

We had ours in a warm shop, and then it got backed out into the cold winter air and left to sit.

When we picked up the car, we noticed our steering wheel cover had split in several spots in a stretch mark type pattern.

Suzuki was very good about this, and replaced the entire wheel under warranty. I am thinking they knew of this issue beforehand as the wheel we have now is made out of a different and much nicer feeling material.

These wheels are not cheap, the invoice from the dealer says $1400 just for the wheel!
Northernstar

could you please post a pic of the new steering wheel? thanks
gentle_ben

Northernstar wrote:could you please post a pic of the new steering wheel? thanks
To be perfectly honest, it doesn't look any different than the original one, it just has a different texture to it when you touch it with your hands. It has more grip to it if that makes any sense.
Northernstar

ic~now you make me want to replace my steering wheel lol
WESHOOT2

Funny; in the sub-zero temps my S AWD 'cracked' its dashboard's right-side metal 'eyebrow'.
gentle_ben

WESHOOT2 wrote:Funny; in the sub-zero temps my S AWD 'cracked' its dashboard's right-side metal 'eyebrow'.
Wow, I'll have to keep an eye on that. Its going to be -35 here all week.
WESHOOT2

The center info display waffles in brightness and clarity, too.
Warranty.....
TheHolyGhost

A few people have seen that. That is definitely a cold-related issue. I'm not sure that a new one would solve that problem.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES