RECALL: Drive Belt Pulley Tensioner Replacement

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Saiko

Guess that Recalls are called "Voluntary Customer Satisfaction Campaign(s)" these days. Suzuki says the tension adjuster may have a faulty spring which could lead to squealing and eventually impact performance of compressor, alternator and water pump. Looks like it applies to all 2010 and 2011 Kizashi's.
Tensioner will be replaced at no cost.
I received the notice from Suzuki NA Feb 25th
JDReichert

My dealer called me the first day and had the part in stock. They replaced the part and sent me on my way in 1 hour. :D

Jerry 2010 SLS, 1977 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, 1983 BMW 633CSi
CCS77

Having mine done today =)
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD
chest3r

Just got my notice...got a laundry list for my next trip to the dealer now... paint chipping, recall, first 7500 service, and rattling sub.
RjKizashi

Had mine done at Suzuki of Tempe and it was painless ..
Rj Arizona
2010 Kizashi SLS AWD/Wifes

jimmerz

just received my notice. I will have to call and schedule this asap.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
AFREaKA.Man

Got my notice in the mail on Monday, had it replaced today... Dealership was great with their service and I even got a free car wash out of it.
AFREaKA.Man
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS AWD
Platinum Silver Metallic

Suzuki Roof Rack (by Whisbar)
Suzuki Sunroof Wind Deflector
RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
RRM Carbon Fiber Bumper Cap
RRM Lightweight Power Pulley
AFREaKA.Man

And jimmerz, if you're going to steal a photo for your avatar, that's a great one to take! Between seeing their work and talking with their peeps, I felt confident enough to buy their products and after having them installed, I'm really pleased with Road Race Motorsports. Are you thinking of getting any of their performance upgrades? I love the way they did their Platinum Edition (the one you have as your avatar).
AFREaKA.Man
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS AWD
Platinum Silver Metallic

Suzuki Roof Rack (by Whisbar)
Suzuki Sunroof Wind Deflector
RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
RRM Carbon Fiber Bumper Cap
RRM Lightweight Power Pulley
mysuzyK

Just had my 7500 mile check up, and tensioner adjuster repair and an synthetic oil change. My complaint with the dealer, is the stupid come back at 3000 miles sticker, I know that a synthetic oil can go much higher mileage and even standard oil can go more then 3000 miles,(unless under ex-stream conditions) I am sure there is two camps for the 3000 mileage and the over 3000 mile. just wondering here on this forum, what mileage most of you change your oil.. still loving the car :D
CCS77

I believe that manual says 7000mi and that's regular oil. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Of course a dealer is going to want to see you every 3000mi. they like to ex-streamly rip you off.
2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD