Whirring noise, center console/gear shift area

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
DeepSea

Noticed this today while driving my kizashi SE AWD (10,100 miles), when I first started the car and put into gear (either reverse or drive) i got this very odd whirring noise from the center console/transmission area. It only lasted approximately 2 seconds and went away with driving. Anyone have any ideas or experienced similar? It didnt appear to be speed related or matching of the engine rpms.

I wondered if it could be the fuel pump as my car was low on gas and i subsequently filled it up and haven't noticed the noise since but i am waiting for the car to cool off to see if it is a cold starting type of issue.
jdimech7

Hi,

I live in Australia and have only had my AWD for about 8 weeks now.

I too have noticed this noise exactly as you have discribed it.
I don't think it has anything to do with the fuel pump. I filled up my car the other day and it still makes the noise. It happens mainly in the morning when you start up. It seems to me to be some sort of "computer cycling" noise.
Maybe the computer takes time to warm up in the morning too?

Would be intered to see if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Its not a loud sound, so if your really not listening, you probably would not even pick it up anyway.

Hopefully we can get a technical advice on this issue - I must admit its a bit annoying.

Regards, John.
uforaverwill

Yea. I have noticed that noise for quite some time now. It only does it when it for 2 seconds then it goes away. I hope it will not be a problem in the long run.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
jdimech7

I wonder if there are any other Kizashi owners who have experienced this.

It definitely only happens when you start the car when it is cold. Once it heats up, it doesn't make the noise anymore.

Is there anyway we can get some Suzuki Technical support on this issue?

I still reckon it has something to do with the temperature dial moving when the car is warming up.

Tech Support : can w get an answer on this issue?

Thanks and regards, John