Kenwood DNX6020EX problem - it ate my CD!

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
rkshew

I have a new 2011 Kizashi SLS with above-mentioned Kenwood. CD player, on the second or third CD I played (nothing unusual about the disc), shows "mecha error" on the screen, and won't eject or play the disc. Any ideas on how to free this puppy?
~tc~

For a 2011 Kizashi, it's a 2 step procedure

1. Take to dealer
2. Let them worry about it, car is under warranty!

(No, seriously, start getting this stuff documented so you can get a new head unit that doesn't eat CD's ... ideally the actual Kenwood model that doesn't have all the Safe modes enabled and locked out)
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
red rider

The same thing happened to me when I had inserted a DVD. Scared, me thinking I had a defective unit. Took a tapered ball point pen and inserted it in the middle of the slot and moved it to the right and left side, essentially widening the slot from top to bottom. Hit the eject button and the DVD came out. I think that the brushes are a little stiff.
naviguy

This has happened to me one time only... The reason it happened to me, I pulled on the CD, while it was ejecting too slow... then the next disc I inserted said "MECHA ERROR" I ejected it properly, re-inserted it, and have not experienced the same problem.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS - Red - CVT
Rockford System with Kenwood Navi
Rear 'Suzuki' and 'Kizashi' Badges Removed