iPhone Music Volume Issue

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
gentle_ben

So ever since we've had this Kizashi, we've had problems with both our iPhone (3G and 4) when playing music through the USB cable.

The songs will be playing fine, and then all of a sudden the volume will just jump randomly. It doesn't do it with the bluetooth streaming, and it doesn't do it when listening to the radio or CD's.

I would say it jumps about 5 volume points easily, possibly more. It does it completely randomly, so I can't really show it to the dealer easily.

Also, do the Kizashi's have that feature that turns the volume down when you slow down? If so, our car doesn't do it.
gmkizashi

Mine does the jumping. It does it with iphone on bluetooth and with usb. It is random and severe at times. There is a speed sensitive control on the rockford fosgate, I think it is called AVC and you access it with your sound settings (bass-mid-treble) it will pop up. It has three settings. If you have other sound system, it probably has the AVC as well. Just have to find it.

Thing is , mine does it even when AVC is off and it also does it sometimes with the radio as well. Just more "signifigant" with iphone. It may be related to the amp or something in the radio. There is a "speakers" thread which touches on this. There supposedly was a service bulletin on this last year, but my dealer didn't see it.

I've had my dealer listen twice and of course they didn't hear anything, but I'm going to try again on my next oil change. It is a real pain in the butt. Makes you feel less "crazy" when others mention it. Good luck

try this thread http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 40&start=0
2010 SLS FWD CVT-Azure Grey
gentle_ben

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't realize it was a common issue. I love this car so damn much but its little things like this that are getting aggravating.

I knew of the VLC setting in the stereo menu, I have tried it on all settings and none of them adjust the volume of the stereo when we slow down, and none of them have any effect on the stereo suddenly increasing in volume.

My Suzuki dealer has been very good to me, I will see if they will consider searching for that service bulletin for me. If all else fails I will just have to insist that they come for a drive with me so they can see for themselves.

I too have experienced the very large jumps in volume, but usually its just the small jumps.
gentle_ben

This issue has been solved, dealer replaced the head unit and amplifier. The volume spikes were caused by the amplifier according to the dealership, and the volume not adjusting with the car's speed was caused by the head unit. All I know is its all working good now.