Difference between RF audio systems?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
~tc~

Not necessarily - watts is watts. You can get a 1000W sub amp or a 5x200W amp, same price (or close, anyways).

As a matter of fact, this is a pretty accurate way to determine the "real" rating of the amp, not the "ILS" (if lightning strikes) wattage printed on the label.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
CCrunner84

Got this information from RF if it hasn't been provided already.
Attachments
120402 Audio Setup 990B0-35022 Kenwood-Rockford .pdf
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 256 times
murcod

~tc~ wrote:Not necessarily - watts is watts. You can get a 1000W sub amp or a 5x200W amp, same price (or close, anyways).

As a matter of fact, this is a pretty accurate way to determine the "real" rating of the amp, not the "ILS" (if lightning strikes) wattage printed on the label.
Just had a quick look, as an example, sticking with RF:

Mono: http://www.crutchfield.com/fg_347250_FF ... l?tp=35834

5Ch : http://www.crutchfield.com/fg_347150_FF ... l?tp=35808

Of course there are plenty of other brands, but cheap "no name" brands are probably not a wise choice. (Particularly for a dual voice coil sub amp.)
David
murcod

CCrunner84 wrote:Got this information from RF if it hasn't been provided already.
That looks like a good find. :)

I'm surprised in step 8 it doesn't say to set Subwoofer to "OFF". :?: But perhaps that only applies to the RCA outputs- not the frequency bandwidth fed out the amplified speaker outputs?

Step 15 appears to be pumping the equaliser gain right up at the 50Hz (ie. sub type frequencies) range. That's interesting.
David
SamirD

murcod wrote:You may also find an option within the Kenwood menus for switching the subwoofer output on/off on the RCA output. With it off, the full range should get fed to the normal front/ rear RCA's.
The Kenwood Navi does have an option for crossover for the front, rear, and sub. I believe stock they are all set for straight through and the amp is handling the crossover.
SamirD

CCrunner84 wrote:Got this information from RF if it hasn't been provided already.
Thank you! They sent me this one when I contacted them.

Did they tell you anything about the crossover settings?
Attachments
Kenwood.PDF
(615.43 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
CCrunner84

I'm still trying to get more information from him, this is what he said about the crossover...

"Just got word back from our OEM department. There is no separate subwoofer control. With the Kenwood head unit you need to make sure that the speaker outputs are full range. All crossovers, level and DSP are done in the remote amplifier."
smsmart

CCrunner84 wrote:"Just got word back from our OEM department. There is no separate subwoofer control. With the Kenwood head unit you need to make sure that the speaker outputs are full range. All crossovers, level and DSP are done in the remote amplifier."
Makes it sound like changing anything in the Kenwood units is futile.
CCrunner84

Somewhat, basically you don't want it doing any crossover in the head unit.
SamirD

CCrunner84 wrote:Somewhat, basically you don't want it doing any crossover in the head unit.
Yeah, that was the problem with ours--someone had messed with them and basically killed all the fidelity of the system. Once I set everything to straight through, I was pretty happy. :D