Difference between RF audio systems?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
ckgolf

I did just that... took out the LOC and added RCA's on the ends and connected to the rca out on kenwood. Doing this made no real improvement in the sound sadly. Sub is still weak, can hardly tell its on. Curse you Suzuki!!! :x
fogus

The sub woofer is wired in with the speakers when you get the navigation package. I bought an aftermarket amp and wiring kit. It made a HUGE HUGE difference in the function and sound of the sub. If anyone is interested in finding out how I did this, please respond back.

I too was not happy with the way the system sounded originally. But for $70 it was worth every penny. Now the system works and sounds like it should.

Very satisfied with he results.
ckgolf

Please share how you wired in the amp? Was it just to the sub?
algus

Hi guys!I am planning to replace HU to 2DIN Alpine and to add one amp for the new Boston front speakers,maybe a new sub in the future.So i am wondering if i can use the rockford fosgate system along with my new stuff ?
Thanks.
CCrunner84

Has anyone had any luck re-wiring and fixing the sub output on the Kenwoodi unit?
murcod

This might help - or give you some ideas. http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =32&t=1112
David
CCrunner84

I've seen this thread but I did have a question, if you were to bypass the line convertor how do you handle the multiple speakers with just two pre-amp outputs, front and rear? Does this remove the ability to adjust the balance Left to Right (not that it matters)? It also doesn't look like the stock amplifier has a separate input for the subwoofer, how does it work?
murcod

CCrunner84 wrote:I've seen this thread but I did have a question, if you were to bypass the line convertor how do you handle the multiple speakers with just two pre-amp outputs, front and rear? Does this remove the ability to adjust the balance Left to Right (not that it matters)?
It shouldn't do so. Minority certainly didn't mention any such issue. The Kenwood head unit will be varying the L/R and F/R signal amplitudes to the relevant RF amplifier inputs, so there shouldn't be any problems.
CCrunner84 wrote:It also doesn't look like the stock amplifier has a separate input for the subwoofer, how does it work?
If that is the case, the RF amplifier must have a built in low pass filter (of some description) which blocks out the high frequencies - only feeding the required low range to the sub.

The ideal solution would be to buy a separate amp just for the subwoofer and run the sub RCA straight from the head unit to it (be aware the RF sub appears to run dual voice coils.) You may also find an option within the Kenwood menus for switching the subwoofer output on/off on the RCA output. With it off, the full range should get fed to the normal front/ rear RCA's. Of course you'll need to check the owner's manual to see if that's the case. I've got a different model Kenwood (but no RF audio system) and I'm sure I've seen those options.

Edit: I just checked the RF system wiring diagrams and there does appear to be only four pre amplifier channels going to the RF amp - so no separate subwoofer signal.
David
~tc~

If you're going to that level (installing an amp for the sub), I would just redo it all and replace the RF amp with a true 5 channel amp - it will not be any more cost or work really and totally eliminates the weak points in the system.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
murcod

I was thinking about that after I posted, but a five channel amp would surely be significantly more expensive than a mono channel sub amp? But you would have full "control" over the system and could use proper RCA cables for the whole instal (instead of dodgy adapters.)
David