STEREO PROBLEM FOUND !!!

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
SaleenS7

I just wanted everyone to flog there dealers with this as every single car made will have this issue as Suzuki made changes to the Rockford system to work with multiple types of head units. I guess some high end stereos don't have crossovers built in so Suzuki decide to put them in the wiring harness and call it good. Cant do that say's Rockford and a local stereo Guru. My problem has been fixed and yes I paid for it my self and it was worth my anger as I really wanted to knock out some teeth at my dealer as they are liars and vandals(Damaged my car test driving it and didn't even tell me they did)

Look into the Stereo TSB thread read last post by me for full story. $107.00 and im not in jail for assault :mrgreen:
TheHolyGhost

Sorry to hear about the dealer issues but glad you were able to work out the stereo issue. Thanks for the head's up!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Bobolini

Sorry, I must plead ignorance? You never really described an issue? "head unit" ? Sorry if I am misinformed but my system sounds great. What does this "so-called" problem for "107 dollars" do to solve what? I'm beginning to feel that a lot of young and immature people own the car I enjoy. I don't live in the fantasy "entitlement" world and find this car quite impressive. I have noticed certain individuals that scream "bloody" murder at anything. Same way at gaming forums.. complaining about a Madden series where the shoes are "reebok" and not "nike". I'm 51 and sometimes this whining is pure "entitlement" "spoiled brat" mentality. Maybe this forum is not for me..
Ronzuki

I'm going to have to agree w/ Saleen on this issue. I first got the run-around with the volume jump problem, called ASMC and got them involved and in the mean time I got lucky and service manager's buddy bought a Kiz and gave him a chewing about same problem. I've since had the amp replaced and while the volume is not jumping, the sound quality of the system is NOT what it was w/ the original amp. It's OK, and far better than the Jeep's I had, but not the 'wow' that I experienced prior to the repair/swap. The question is, how to convince anyone that it's not as good? I don't have the time or energy for that battle (and I'm sure that's what they're counting on). The entire reason I 'bought up' to the GTS was to get the factory premium stereo. Their response will be there's nothing wrong with it, and technically there isn't. Let's face it, no manufacturere in the price point of this car, don't have to and never will fess up to any non-safety issues with a car.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Bobolini

[quote="Toddashi"]
Boboloni,
I’m 37 and can’t disagree with what you stated. That’s where our country’s modern attitude is going now, I’m sure you know that. The “Ask not what your country can do for you” speech has run its course and seems to no longer apply to our youth (or spoiled brats as what you correctly refer to).

Thanks Toddashi, I let my emotions get in the way. I look forward to help, advice and maybe some solutions in the future. That's why I am here.
sloopercat

Well mine had the intermittent volume issue, now the right side is at 20% volume. Will see what they come up with......
sloopercat

sloopercat wrote:Well mine had the intermittent volume issue, now the right side is at 20% volume. Will see what they come up with......
The right front speaker is dead, the service department was great to work with. I just waited while they looked at it, should be back in the sound next week once the speaker gets here.
sloopercat

Speaker was a no fix, they ordered a new amp.
ladyhotsauce

Ok, I thought it was just me. While I am driving, my stereo jumps volume, also it seems like the amp kicks in and out, affecting the sound quality. The dealer told me it was the AVC, so I turned it off, and am still having the same issue. I am going to the dealer this Thursday to have the replacement woofer installed (origional blew, and no it was not because an excessive volume level, one day it worked, got in my car the next moring and it was blown), and will bring up the issue again and see what they say. They were awesome about the blown woofer, spent about 6 minutes in the service department, got one ordered and an appt. to install replacement at no cost of course. Has anyone come up with a fix for this issue?

2010 Kizashi GTS
jute2003

There are known issues with the AMPS that your dealer should either know about or be able to find out about. Keep pressing them if they insist its that damn AVC. That's what my dealer tried to say also. Luckily they believed me when I politely told them that was BS.