IS the alignment specs the same for 2011 as the 2010 Kizashi

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Bobolini

I found a spec sheet that has the 2010 alignment specs but I was wondering if 2011 is the same? My car likes to wander a little left..Noticed the most on the highway. I have 1500 miles on it and went to Suzuki (30 miles) away and asked for an alignment. The said they didn't have the specs or tools to align it and it is just a very sensitive system that tracks where you point it. They also said the Tire pressure was 3 lbs lower on the left.

I'm not buying this story and I am having a local chain check the alignment specs. I just wish to have something to compare. I still believe it has an alignment issue and hate to have a tire wear unevenly.

Sorry if I am a little long-winded.
Bobolini

Nobody can verify?
PlatinumGTS

I don't know about the 2011 models but the specs for the 2010's are listed in the owner's manual on page 12-4. Check your owners manual for the same info under "Specifications"

This is from that page.

(2010)
ITEM: Steering
Toe-in (total) front 0 ± 2 mm (0 ± 0.08 in.)
rear 2 ± 1 mm (0.08 ± 0.04 in.)
Camber angle front –0° 30’ ± 1°
rear –1° 15’ ± 30’
Caster angle front 4° 10’ ± 1°

I had my 2010 aligned with less than 1000 miles on it. I went to an independent alignment shop and it needed a 4 wheel alignment. They said it is not uncommon for new cars to need alignments.

Hope this helps.
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
Bobolini

Thanks,

I brought to the local tire place since Suzuki said they couldn't align because they didn't have the specs for 2011.

So, I go down Sat. and the guy doesn't have specs for 2011 either. The specs you gave me are identical to the 2011 (I showed the specs in the manual) he didn't know how to convert that and didn't want to align using 2010 specs since he didn't want to be liable for any future issues. So, I'm stuck with no one around here who has 2011 specs (In their machine) on my Kizashi. It's half way through 2011 and I find this frustrating.

Any one else have this problem for a 2011?
Bobolini

Ok, Here's the an update:

Called Bob's Wheel Alignment here in Charlottesville. Known to be the experts at suspension and alignments. He said the 2011 is the same as 2010 and besides that didn't concern him. He can feed in his own specs to make sure the car is properly aligned based of the computerized equipment.

They do a full adjustment on my car and he said the biggest problem was the rear toe specs. one was at 5/32" (R) and -1/32" (L). That is why he said I felt that slight pull to the right. He said the Thrust angle was .17 degrees causing a misalignment of the back wheels are forcing more toe-out on the front and leading to premature tire wear. and that is also why I felt I was constantly making adjustings and feeling like I was mildly fighting to trac straight. I noticed it because 85% of my driving is on 55 or more roads. He re-adjusted my toe specs and the thrust angle is now .01 degree.

My rear camber was set at -1.35 degrees and -1.28 degrees which results in giving a more squating of the tires. They were readjusted to -.087 and -.70. so the set up a little more upright.

Essentially, my car was re-aligned to produce a better overall wear and tracking but slightly heavier steering and a minor loss in "spirited" driving grip.

Most importantly was the toe adjstments. So, it seems all my wheels were in tolerance except the toe in and out in the back. Both were over tolerance one way to high the other too low causing my problem.

Never knew how sophisticated alignments are today and the amount of tweaking he did using the computer and then changing angles to get a proper feel.

They want me back and they will check all specs @6000 miles free of charge.
~tc~

That's GREAT alignment shop, kudos to them, and to you for finding them!

SOOOOO many places these days just have "alignment machine operators" and not technicians who fully understand what alignment really is and how to get it.

Sounds like they did a good job!
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic