Minor Issues

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
dalepl

Well, I have owned my 2011 Kizashi for about a month now and like it quite well. :D

At present, I am having some of the same issues as other Kizashi owners. The right side panel on the passenger seat came loose and a new one is on order. My Kenwood stereo has been randomly changing channels, rebooting and locking up on a DVD. The dealer called Suzuki and they authorized the repacement of the stereo, so a new one is now on order. :mrgreen: Hope that fixes the issues.

Otherwise, I am very happy with my Kizashi. Since the purchase, I have added mud gards, tinted the windows, added the roof visor for the sun roof, added the vent visors for the windows, added the chrome license plate bezzle (that says Kizashi), added HD radio tuner to the stereo, and just got in a USB connector that will go into the spare cigarette lighter hole and plug into the stereo's USB port. This will give me a clean finnished port to plug my USB thumb drives into. I do not use a iPod, so I am removing the stock cable that goes to the glove box. If any of you are interested in the cable, I ordered it from store.mp3car.com. The part number is COM-040. I will be getting it installed when the new radio goes in.

The dealer had installed a custom grill, so I will not have to purchase one of those. I think I will leave the engine compartment alone except for maybe a better air intake.
~tc~

Details and pix of vent visors please
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
dalepl

The vent visors are the ones from the dealer. They are made for the Kizashi and say Suzuki on the front ones.
becky3177

Did the replacement of the stereo fix the issue with the changing stations? I too am having the same issue. The 1st time I took the car in they replaced the sterring wheel because it only happened when the I put the blinker on or honked the horn. It started happening again after the replacement and Suzuki deteremined the cause was the use of an aftermarket cell phone charger. They said that the aftermarket ones draw a different voltage from the body control module and that can mess with certain electronics throughout the car. They told me I should only be using one that is made for my phone at Sprint. Did you happen to have an aftermarket cell phone charger connected while the issues with the stereo were happening? Everybody is telling me that the Suzuki techs are feeding me a line of BS.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD with Nav - Red
~tc~

I have the same issue, and rarely, if ever have my phone charger plugged in
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
becky3177

The changing stations happened again today along with a new symptom of the tuner menu switching from 1/3 to 2/3. I did not have the aftermarket cell phone charger plugged in this time. Somebody please help!
2011 Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD with Nav - Red
scorcher

The dealer is definately feeding you a line of BS. Call Suzuki Customer service and file a complaint with them about the dealer. Document everything the dealer has said form your phones to the dealer, names of people you spoke with and their titles. Take it back three times for the problem and do the documentation. If it is not fixed file for lemon law. This usually gets their attention and then they mayfix the problem, or take the car back or give you a new one. Depending on the lemon laws in the state you live. I had to lemon law a mustang with the local ford dealer due to an issue with the trans they could not fix. It took about 6 months but they gave me all my money back that I had invested in the car plus the trade in money. Stay possitive. Do not yell and scream and do not give up which is what they want you to do.