Maintenance schedule for Canada

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
wyliec

Just curious what folks are following. Suzuki Canada's website shows the 12500km / 7.5 month schedule for normal driving conditions. The schedule supplied with the car shows the 5000km / 3 month schedule for "Canadian" driving conditions. Being as I live in the greater Vancouver area I would hardly call our weather extreme, unless you're talking about rain, and only put 12-15000kms per year on my cars.
Northernstar

I am going for 6 months interval. There's no way i am changing my engine oil every 3 months, that's a waste of money considering I am using fully synthetic oil.
~tc~

I would hate to risk the warranty over, relatively, a few dollars a year. If you want to run extended change intervals, you better get a used engine oil analysis done, and keep the records.

FYI - for ALL things oil, check out www.bobistheoilguy.com
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
syncmaster

I'm living in Montreal and using Castrol Synthetic Oil. Dealer wants me to change oil every 5000km but those recommendations were made (for all brands) 60 years ago. Since then technology developed in both engines and oil production the recommendations should follow. I change oil every 10000km but regular maintenance as they recommend.