oil leak

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
rgemmell

Over the weekend my 2010 Kizashi GTS hit 16,000 miles. I purchased the car used with 10k miles it form a hyundai dealership, I figured I should take it in to a dealer to get an oil change and have them take a look. Apperently there were a few recalls that needed to be taken care of, so I ended up spending half the dealership.

When they finished up the lady at the service desk said the tech, noticed the camshaft was leaking oil and they were going to have it take it back in, because they didant have the necessary parts. She told me the oil leak was nothing serious, but it will need to be handled.

When I finished up at work I went out to my car and noticed there was a good bit of oil under the right drivers side tire. I'm a little worried, if my oil starts dumping all over the place I'm in sme trouble. While driving home I called the dealership, they told me to stick a peice of cardboard under the leak and see if it keeps up...

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Anyone have advice? I went to a dealership in northeast philly and I was not impressed...

Rob
Ronzuki

No, never had any Suzuki I've ever owned (5 new & 1 used samurai since 1986) leak anything on it's own that wasn't caused by me or someone else. 3 of them went over 100k miles during my ownership...no leaks. As a matter of fact, leaks of any kind are one of the things I detest most about automobiles, and, it's one of the many reasons I buy Suzukis. No leaks speaks volumes about the design & engineering.

First off, is this a Suzuki dealer you're talking about that wants to make this repair, or the Hyundai dealer?

I'd say first take it to a DIY car wash that has a steam setting for the wand, and clean the engine yourself (keep the engine running while you're doing this). Then drive it some to see for yourself if it's a real leak, or, they just haven't spilled oil all over the place and are trying to scare you into coming back for work that doesn't need to be done. Like I said never had a zuk leak anything...well. the 91 sami I have needed the distributor O-ring replaced because it was leaking oil pretty good, but hey, it's 20 years old and doesn't get driven a whole lot.

good luck
Last edited by Ronzuki on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
rgemmell

Thank for your help!
I went to a suzuki dealership, they were the people who noticed the leak. I spoke with them again this morning. The lady said that the oil that is "seaping" (her words) from the cam shaft, and the oil that I am seeing now is from the oil change. Apperently because of the position of the filter it is a pain to change the oil and the tech probally made a mess.

Ill take it to a car wash today at lunch and hose it down pretty good!
Mitchorama

I had my first oil change with only 1,000 miles on it and when I got it home I noticed several drops of oil in my garage. I took it back and they said the bolt was not tighten enough, So far no more leaks. The drops were coming underneath the passenger side, but with the cover underneath who can tell. Mitch