Map update for nav unit?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
~tc~

Has anyone updated the maps?

How difficult is it?

Where did you get the card/maps from?
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
JakeRam

I haven't updated maps but I have updated the Garmin software. You can get both from Garmin.com/kenwood. It's done with a micro SD card and is pretty straightforward.
~tc~

Has anyone successfully updated the firmware via burning a disc?
JakeRam

No. See my "disc error" post. I can't get ANY CD or DVD I've burned to be recognized - firmware files or audio. I'm sharing emails with Kenwood support now. They told me to check that read mode is "1" which it is and to verify that the file formats are within spec, which I still have to do, but I have to believe they are. Although, these are audio file oriented and you've asked about firmware, so to be clear, I've tried firmware CD burn on Windows 7 and Windows Vista on a desktop and a laptop, none of those combinations work. When I do get it resolved, I'll share.

Here's the "spec" page he pointed me to - http://www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/audiofile/ ... ng=english
~tc~

I'm kind of wondering if Windows 7 is part of the problem ... I might try downloading and burning on my XP laptop ...
JakeRam

Well I did get an mp3 to finally work. I used Nero (on Win7 machine) and changed the type from "9660 + Joliet" to just "9660". Unfortunately, I only burned the one file and not a .wma as well so I don't know for sure that that's the fix. Will try tonight....with the update files too...
JakeRam

Making sure the file system is "9660 only" has worked for the music files. I'm using Nero so that's easy to set, I'm not sure how to do it in native Windows. I could not get the firmware file to be recognized though.
bingatiger

~tc~ wrote:Has anyone updated the maps?

How difficult is it?

Where did you get the card/maps from?
Hi TC,

Have you managed to update the maps ??
~tc~

Yes, I ordered the micro-SD card from Garmin. Plugged it in, and good to go ... Now the firmware for the head unit has been a different matter
bingatiger

Thanks for the reply, I have managed to update the firmware (downloaded from Kenwood) and also updated the maps to 2013.10 City Navigator for Aust.

Garmin support told me that the Kenwood DNX7360BTM is not compatible with ANY POI (Cyclops Safety Camera or the POI file that comes with portable Garmin units) files and that we can't have any speed/red-light etc alerts on the DNX7360BTM.

I told them Kenwood uses GARMIN as the GPS and that should not be the case, but three of their support reps have told me the same thing. They said you just can't use any alert files with the kenwood unit.

How strange is that......an in-car GPS unit can't alert for camera's........v strange