Disc Error on Kenwood Nav unit.

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
JakeRam

I've tried burning DVD's with my mp3s on two different disc types and two different computers but all just give me a "disc error" when I try to use them. I also tried to do a software update of the Kenwood software by CD and it doesn't work either. Regular DVDs and CDs do work though Has anybody been able to play mp3s off of a DVD or upgrade the software?
Corridor 35

My home-burned CD's work fine with the Rockford Fosgate stereo.
JakeRam

Setting the burn file system setting to "9660 only" works. It was on "9660 + Joliet". I did this in Nero, not sure how to do it in native Windows. This works with both CDs and DVDs. So now I've got pretty much all the music I own that I ever really listen to, in the car. BTW, in case you're reading this and didn't know already, you can use Pandora through your iPhone, it just doesn't display on the screen. Plug it in like you're going to use the iPod then just fire up Pandora.
JakeRam

Update: worked for one DVD and not another. Not sure if it's random or something about the files I happened to put on the second. Will try again tonight.