Whistling noise from the (driver) side window

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
babacu

I've had the car for a little more than a year (1 year in June) and, recently, I started to notice a whistling noise at speeds around 60-70km/h (~40mph), coming from the side window. Once over 80km/h the whistling goes away and the regular wind noise starts to take over.

It's a new development, as I'm positive it was not there a few months ago. I played with the window a bit, and, at some point, lowering the window slightly (so as it's still closed, but just a bit lower in the sealing) led to the noise going away.

I washed the car thoroughly over the weekend, cleaning the window and the rubber sealing and that led to the noise getting louder and clearer, actually (quite the opposite effect from what I was hoping to achieve).

Anybody noticed anything similar? Any ideas as to what could be done to solve this? Going to the dealership might be an option, but it's a time consuming process and I'm not sure they won't claim it's a normal thing, so I'd try to fix it myself if at all possible.

Thanks for any info/ideas.
WESHOOT2

I might try some sort of rubber-treatment compound, like hmmmmm Black Magic or Armor-All type stuff.
Bob225

Mine does the same thing. :(
hocaspocas

Mine does the same thing but the window on the passanger side. I told the dealer last time I was there for oil change. They couldn't find anything. They said the windows are closing well and it look like it is sealed.

Now I just ignore it as long as there is no water coming in during raining season
Doraemon

Yup me too. Talked the the tech at the dealership while getting my oil changed and he too said he couldn't find anything.

I notice the wind nose approximately 60 - 70 km/hr, anything more or less than that the noise goes away. :lol: