Another year & I'm gone..

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
DelliReeus

Just gonna have this Kizzy for a year, no longer than a year & a half, then I'm getting a 2013/2014 wrx sti
2010 AWD/FWD Kizashi S Black Pearl Metallic
WESHOOT2

Oh yeah?

But but whattabout the new BRZ?
Or the R32?
Or a used '94 Vette?

Brudda, I know what you mean.......(I'm waiting for the AWD Honda NSX, the BRZ with AWD --and a turbo, or the WRX with an automatic of some sort.
Bum hip.)
WESHOOT2

....or even a more-zippity AWD Kizashi......
Moto
Site Admin

may also want to think about the "Golf R" as well. It will probably be a nice mix of what you are looking for and what you are used to in the kizashi.

I have a saab 92x aero....(2005 wrx) I have wrenched on it every week I have driven it. Something is always wrong with it. Nothing major that incapacitates it, but still little things that bother me. There is nothing wrong with Subaru WRXs, but there is a lot to learn about them especially if you get a used one or plan on modifications.

WRX also sucks for road trips, but it is fun around town and on the dirt.
Moto
Site Admin

if you get a WRX you pest plan on becoming a mechanic if you aren't one already.
KuroNekko

The WRX STI is nice, but you are going to have problems as Moto said. Ironically, the first gen of WRXs in the states were the most reliable. As they started to use the 2.5 liter, things got less and less reliable.
It's also going to get crappy mileage all while guzzling premium.
I'm a big Subaru fan having owned a 2.2 liter Impreza and driving it 100,000 miles when it already had 100,000 miles. It was the most reliable car I ever owned and it was also a joy to drive (at least for an auto tranny). I really doubt you will find that kind of solid reliability with the current WRX or STI.
Also now that Toyota meddles with Subaru, things have gotten a little odd. The Legacy has gotten bigger and less nimble and the wagon is gone. The Impreza is just hideous and the WRX and STI have shoddy reliability for the sake of power. I'd wait a bit for things to get ironed out with Subaru. Maybe they got a little too focused on the BRZ development (as it's obvious Subaru did all the heavy lifting to develop that car).
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Moto
Site Admin

I take it back you can't turn off the stability control on the US spec golf r. Get an STI.
DelliReeus

What I'm planning on doing to it is just getting it brand new, trading in my Kizzy, if something breaks, fix it at the dealer with the warranty & when the warranty is over I'll rebuild a lot of things in that ride, since I'm looking for a car to have for a very, very, very long time..
KuroNekko

I'm not sure if having a high performance turbo car is compatible with keeping it for a very, very, very long time as you put it. High output turbo cars just don't last that long. The engines and transmissions are under so much more stress that things just wear out sooner than normally aspirated engines. Cars like the Evo, STi, etc. just don't live that long. It's usually the more mild turbo cars that see it past 100,000, 150,000 miles like the old Volvos, Saabs and some Subarus. By the time you get up there in years and mileage, you'd probably be replacing so many things that it will exceed the value of the car.
If I was planning to keep a car for a long time, I'd actually get a car that was built to last, not some blown pocket rocket.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
DelliReeus

That's what I said, I will rebuild a lot of things in that car & now it's between the Subaru STI Hatch or the Cadillac ATS 2.0 turbo, maybe a ATS-V if the price is reasonable