Kizashi Extended Warrenty

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KIZFAN2

Did anyone purchase this with their car? If so, what does it include? I am nearing the end of my factory bumper to bumper coverage and would like to purchase it.

Thanks,
2011 Kizashi SX
coref1

That's a good question. I got the 5 yr extended warranty as part of the deal when I purchased my Prestige more then two months ago and still haven't received the paperwork. I actually contacted Suzuki and my dealer a few weeks ago and was told it's normal to take a while i.e. eight weeks or so. The only thing I have confirmed so far is that it's a Dealer servicing only warranty.
KIZFAN2

I know it doesn't include normal wear and tare items such as break. So I am wondering if it even makes sense to purchase. I don't anticipate any huge electrical problems.
2011 Kizashi SX
coref1

KIZFAN2 wrote:I know it doesn't include normal wear and tare items such as break. So I am wondering if it even makes sense to purchase. I don't anticipate any huge electrical problems.
It's hard to know exactly what they'll cover with these warranties. As I said on a separate post, last week I took my Kizashi back to the dealer due to a HID ballast failure and that was covered under warranty. :mrgreen:
Stodge

Can you still buy extended warranties from Suzuki?
WIKizashi

I was offered one when I purchased at the end of January.

KIZFAN2, I don't think it's common for any extended warranty to include consumable items like brakes.
Stodge

Is this the extended warranty description?

http://www.suzuki.ca/suzuki/assets/cms/ ... 20Plan.pdf
Stodge

If it is, here's what's NOT included. Quite the eye opener.

Examples of non-covered
parts include:
Battery, shock absorbers, struts, manual transmission
clutch assembly, glass, lenses, headlamps, light bulbs,
fuses, upholstery, cup holders, paint, bumpers, body
sheet metal, etc...
Also, maintenance services and parts described in the
owner’s manual which include, but are not limited to:
alignments, adjustments, cleaning, wheel balancing,
tune-ups, spark plugs, spark plug wires, glow plugs,
hoses (except steering and air conditioning), drive belts

Stodge wrote:Is this the extended warranty description?

http://www.suzuki.ca/suzuki/assets/cms/ ... 20Plan.pdf
KuroNekko

Stodge wrote:If it is, here's what's NOT included. Quite the eye opener.

Examples of non-covered
parts include:
Battery, shock absorbers, struts, manual transmission
clutch assembly, glass, lenses, headlamps, light bulbs,
fuses, upholstery, cup holders, paint, bumpers, body
sheet metal, etc...
Also, maintenance services and parts described in the
owner’s manual which include, but are not limited to:
alignments, adjustments, cleaning, wheel balancing,
tune-ups, spark plugs, spark plug wires, glow plugs,
hoses (except steering and air conditioning), drive belts
My Kizashi is the first car I ever got that still had a warranty. From my experiences owning various Japanese cars, the only issues I expect to have with the Kizashi are with the very components that are excluded in the extended warranty. Mainly because these are wear and tear items. One obvious component not listed above are the brakes: brake pads and rotors are wear items and would be excluded as well.

The Kizashi is a reliable, quality car made by a company that has a good reputation for their products (talking about the real Made in Japan Suzuki's, not the rebadged Daewoos which were the Reno, Verona, and Forenza).

With proper maintenance, the car should not have issues with the components covered by the warranty. Over time, parts like struts and wheel bearings wear out, but that is usually after a warranty period anyways. And of course, struts are excluded from the warranty.

I will not be purchasing an extended warranty when my factory warranty runs out.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
IL2010black

On my girlfriend's warranty it includes struts but we got it from a Nissan dealership and a Nissan extended warranty. The Suzuki dealership asked me how did I get that warranty because they are the best. ;)