What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
bootymac

Yeah, the Kizashi is amazing in the curves. I'm still in awe at how such a comfortable car can hold its own so well in the twisties. I'm used to older vehicles where comfort was usually sacrificed for handling. The Kizashi has both!
KuroNekko

This long weekend was Kizashi-intensive for me. I changed the oil, installed a dash cam, and took out my LED DRL/high beam bulbs (required the bumper and headlights coming off) and then washed the car and spray waxed it. Lastly, I rotated the tires (something I try to get done around every oil change). Tomorrow morning, I have an appointment with a body shop for paintless dent removal to get out a nasty door ding.
After that, I can say my Kizashi will be ready for summer.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
sx4rocious

Went to the First Central States Suzuki Meet. Made Great new friends and had an Incredible weekend! We had a better-than-expected turn out and took some cool pictures. Most of the news and stuff will be placed in the SX4 forum, but I will definately post a link or two as I really tink some of you may want to read it!
sx4rocious

I also created a Facebook group based on a few ideas being thrown around at the meet. It's call Auto Orphans and is designed to reach a broader spectrum of auto enthusiasts who love cars by companies that have since left North America. Suzuki, Lotus, Citreon, Renault, Pre-Chrystler Fiat, etc... Check it out and feel free to join! There will be a website and possibly forums to come, but just the FB page for now...
Wonson92

KuroNekko wrote: ....and took out my LED DRL/high beam bulbs...
I've been a bit out of the loop recently - What made you take out your LED's??
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
bootymac

Wonson92 wrote:
KuroNekko wrote: ....and took out my LED DRL/high beam bulbs...
I've been a bit out of the loop recently - What made you take out your LED's??
They weren't playing well with the DRL system: http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 142#p28142
Wonson92

bootymac wrote:
They weren't playing well with the DRL system: >
Ahh, I see. Looks like I'm pretty behind on that thread :lol:
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
KuroNekko

Wonson92 wrote:
bootymac wrote:
They weren't playing well with the DRL system: >
Ahh, I see. Looks like I'm pretty behind on that thread :lol:
Yeah, they were just not working out too well for the Kizashi. I would still recommend VLEDS products, just not for the DRL/high beam in the Kizashi.

I created the thread on it to share my experiences in case others are interested. I'm sure that people with other cars have seen it too given I've browsed other forums when the search topic led me to them.
~tc~

KuroNekko wrote:took out my LED DRL/high beam bulbs (required the bumper and headlights coming off)
Any chance you threw one into the projector to see how they would work as low beam?
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
KuroNekko

~tc~ wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:took out my LED DRL/high beam bulbs (required the bumper and headlights coming off)
Any chance you threw one into the projector to see how they would work as low beam?
No. I was rather short on time as I was losing daylight so I did not do anything other than remove and re-install. It would not have been a bad idea just to see before I returned the bulbs, but I just didn't have the time to do so.
Regardless, the HIDs in the low beam projectors would be better anyway given they output around 3000 lumens vs. the LED's 2000.