What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Jasper

Today I did a photoshoot with my (just finished) personalized 2012 Kizashi Sport 6 speed manual
DSC_2733.JPG
DSC_2733.JPG (254.04 KiB) Viewed 4297 times
Dsc_2766.jpg
Dsc_2766.jpg (421.87 KiB) Viewed 4297 times
Dsc_2769.jpg
Dsc_2769.jpg (400.23 KiB) Viewed 4297 times
Dsc_2795.jpg
Dsc_2795.jpg (256.81 KiB) Viewed 4297 times
TheHolyGhost

I really need to tint my windows! Nice shots!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
SamirD

golftango wrote:So you're driving with your high beams? I really, really hope not. Fix your lights.
Yep, and no one seems to care. Seems like the Kizashi high beams (and lows and even fogs) are aimed a bit low, so no one even flashes. :o
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but my recollection is that if you remove the air filter box, the driver side headlight is more accessible. I could be wrong given I always take off the bumper to deal with the headlights. On that topic, I strongly suggest you guys get HIDs for the low beams. They offer better performance than halogens and longer life too. Just make sure to get a quality kit if you go this route.
Even with that removed, you still can't get to it. :cry: Back when it first burned out, I was determined to change it without removing the bumper, but there's a wiring harness that's super stiff and looks damn important that you'd have to force to move, and even then it was still going to be tricky. I just put everything back to together and planned on the bumper coming off once I had a better place to do it. The other low beam burned out before then, so high beams it was.

I was shocked that no one flashed or noticed they were high beams so I forgot all about it until just recently when both high beams stopped working and the original driver's side low beam that was dead started working again. :o :shock: I can't explain that for the life of me, so I've replaced the passenger side low-beam and we're back to a set of low beams again...and the high beams are both burned out. :lol:

I plan to get some PIAAs for everything including the fogs and remove the bumped and do the whole thing. The long drives have me looking for more light. I really just need to do that non-usdm hid conversion...
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:The Blue Ridge Parkway is considered one of the best drives in America. I've heard it's especially spectacular in the fall when the leaves change color. I'd like to drive it sometime too.
I had no idea it was this good. And it's close to HSV too.
SamirD

bootymac wrote:How often are your low beam bulbs dying?
Not often unless I turn off the car with them on. After doing it twice, bulbs usually burn out. :( But if I don't forget, they seem to keep going fine.
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:I think as long as the bushings aren't blasted with water, they should hold the grease for a decent amount of time. Of course, the type of grease would matter quite a bit and I agree that the original grease was probably less than ideal. However, my bushings didn't start making noise until I rinsed off the underbody with a hose. My guess is that water got into the bushings that way given the grease was mostly gone by that point.
I'm hoping the Sil-Glyde will last a while given its water and heat resistance but it may also be that these polyurethane bushings simply need a re-greasing every 1 to 2 years to maintain optimal lubrication. Time will tell.
I replaced all the rubber bushings on one of my 95 Altimas with Poly (A Nissan Maxima part was an exact fit since the Maxima part superseded the Altima one). After about a year or so, I started hearing the same squeaking you're describing when hitting the speed bumps in the neighborhood at the time. I never heard the noise with rubber for 5 years, but the suspension slop was pretty bad at that point too.

This is specifically why Energy Suspension came out with a 'graphite impregnated' black poly bushing in addition to their red one. It supposedly solved this squeak problem.
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:Yep, and no one seems to care. Seems like the Kizashi high beams (and lows and even fogs) are aimed a bit low, so no one even flashes. :o
I think the fact that the Kizashi's headlights are aimed away from oncoming traffic is also a factor. I personally couldn't stand it so I took the adjustment covers off and aimed the lights evenly for optimum road illumination.
Let us know if you find OE HID headlights for the Kizashi. I personally think it will be ridiculously expensive and not fully compatible because you'll be missing the wiring and switches for the headlight leveler and the headlight washers.
SamirD wrote:I replaced all the rubber bushings on one of my 95 Altimas with Poly (A Nissan Maxima part was an exact fit since the Maxima part superseded the Altima one). After about a year or so, I started hearing the same squeaking you're describing when hitting the speed bumps in the neighborhood at the time. I never heard the noise with rubber for 5 years, but the suspension slop was pretty bad at that point too.

This is specifically why Energy Suspension came out with a 'graphite impregnated' black poly bushing in addition to their red one. It supposedly solved this squeak problem.
I wonder if Energy's graphite bushings would fit on the Kizashi's RRM bars. Regardless, I'm treating the RRM sway bar bushings as a maintenance part that needs to be regreased periodically.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KuroNekko

Someone hit my vehicle while it was parked in my work garage. Not even parallel parking, but garage space parking. Their front license plate bolts gouged into my rear bumper when they were likely maneuvering into their space. I know which vehicle and person is responsible though they are denying responsibility. I'm currently having the building security access video footage to see if it was captured on video.
I have a bunch of evidence proving it was the car parked behind me so if they don't take responsibility shortly, I'll be making an insurance claim with them at fault. After all, I found both my paint and primer residue on their front license plate bolts and both the bolts and the gouges are exactly the same measurement in height off of the ground. The car at fault was also back-parked directly behind my vehicle with its front facing my Kizashi's rear. It's incontrovertible that the car caused the damage.

This is the second time someone hit my car with their front license plate bolts. I had that professionally repaired following someone sideswiping me. (Yes, people in DC can't park or drive for shit!) After the first time, I got a Bumper Bully guard, but only thought I needed it for parallel parking. It's sad because the car that hit me is a fully loaded Hyundai Genesis with front parking sensors. It's pathetic that they still managed to hit my car. Not only that, the owner is denying it while my paint and primer is on her car. I'll likely go after her insurance.

Anyhow, I've noticed both times that my bumper was gouged that my bumper has a white primer-like undercoat that's rather powdery. Ever noticed that with your Kizashis? I've never seen something like that in other cars I've owned.
IMG_1926.JPG
IMG_1926.JPG (290.45 KiB) Viewed 4129 times
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

Ugh, not again. My Kizashi's bum has been violated by license plate bolts twice now too.

Good luck with insurance!