What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

Over the weekend, I replaced my tail light/brake light bulbs with Osram Sylvania ZEVO LEDs. I once experimented with LED brake light bulbs in the Kizashi but took them out because they were for another car. However, I had a $20 gift card for Autozone from a mail-in rebate so I spent that on the ZEVOs. I'll post in detail with photos in the LED brake light thread I created a while back, but I must say that the ZEVOs are impressive.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
jadeng97

Speaking of the Shine! 25% Tint all the way. Led headlights and foglights. Plastidipped Emblems and Wheels (although not a huge fan of the black S on the front).
Attachments
51BFCB88-C795-4867-BCED-F51B171825D6.JPG
51BFCB88-C795-4867-BCED-F51B171825D6.JPG (463.62 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS i-AWD (Red)
KuroNekko

jadeng97 wrote:Speaking of the Shine! 25% Tint all the way. Led headlights and foglights. Plastidipped Emblems and Wheels (although not a huge fan of the black S on the front).
Welcome.
Can you give us more details on the LED headlights and fog lights? Which conversion bulb kits did you use?
jadeng97

i used opt7 h11 leds in the foglights. Those were just plug n play. The headlights were Night Cat I think. Got them on amazon. also plug n play. I ordered rubber dust covers that have a hole in them for the fan on the LED headlights. Had to cut the hole a bit bigger just so it fit snug. But overall was a pretty easy project and they look amazing!
2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS i-AWD (Red)
golftango

I too had to replace the drivers side low beam, again. Got one year exactly from the Osram Night Breakers.

I've noticed some surface rust on the welds around the bumper reinforcements. Pretty normal in this climate. Car was from VA Beach and West VA before me.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
KuroNekko

golftango wrote:I too had to replace the drivers side low beam, again. Got one year exactly from the Osram Night Breakers.
The Night Breakers are a high output halogen so I'm not surprised they had a rather short lifespan. Given the massive pain of changing bulbs in the Kizashi, I think aftermarket LED and HID kits are the way to go.
KuroNekko

jadeng97, I moved our discussion about LED modifications to the following new thread so we don't clutter up this one on the specific topic.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4195
SamirD

Ronzuki wrote:Yesterday...

Got the K's annual safety inspection and emissions testing done at the ex-dealer zuk service center (64,985 miles). Passed, as always, w/ flying colors. OE brake pads are still 50% or better. Had them cross-forward rotate the new Kumho's (first rotation @4k), OTD $71.95.

They observed and confirmed the t-case output flange seal leak I'd notified them about couple months ago in an attempt to have them order the seal and have it there for yesterday's inspection trip...yep, seal's leaking just like I said. Brilliant. Now they'll order it which means another trip for me down there. Actually, it's leaking worse than 2 months ago as drops are now forming and not simply the weeping moisture originally noticed. Covered under 7/100 powertrain warranty. First seal of any type that's had to be changed on any of the 5 DD Suzukis I've owned.

Factory trained zuk tech is no longer there, which is a disappointment, so we'll see how all that goes. However, they are now selling high dollar Alfa Romeos, so there's 2 factory trained dudes floating around for those. Presumably capable. I'd just as soon use their lift and do it myself. Every time I have someone else change a simple rotating shaft seal, they end up causing more damage than what they cure. Either by gouging the race or scratching the shaft or messing up something else getting to it.

Can't stress enough to all those under warranty still...climb under the car, pull the two under-covers off and have a good look around for anything that's leaking or out of the ordinary so you can get it repaired at their cost before your warranty's expired. Mines expires on time this coming November.
Is the warranty repair really worth it if they may end up damaging something else? I've seen things like this drag out as dealerships deny that they did anything and then expect to get paid to repair their mess up. Not worth the hassle imo.
jadeng97 wrote:Speaking of the Shine! 25% Tint all the way. Led headlights and foglights. Plastidipped Emblems and Wheels (although not a huge fan of the black S on the front).
Lovely color! The SLS/GTS always looks great in red. 8-)

The warning lights all shut off automatically. My wife observed that if the car was in the garage where it was almost 50 it was fine. But when after she would come back from work and it was left outside in the cold, the warnings were on. Sounds like some sort of grounding/contact issue to me vs a real sensor issue.
Ronzuki

SamirD wrote:Is the warranty repair really worth it if they may end up damaging something else? I've seen things like this drag out as dealerships deny that they did anything and then expect to get paid to repair their mess up. Not worth the hassle imo.
Their 2-post lift alone is worth it. If it were the Samurai or Heep's seal leaking, I'd just do it myself (ground clearance = room to work)...besides the leak is much worse now and I despise oil spots on my driveway (that I just spent a boat load redoing last summer). Hassle yes, always hassle anytime somebody else touches the cars or need to go anywhere for anything. Deny anything they mess up? They can try, but not likely since I'm waiting and watching. I'm a real prick when it comes to having my vehicles worked on by others. And since the zuk tech, whom I had complete faith and trust in, I'll have to state the obvious when I turn the car over to them..."this is what's wrong and what needs repaired. Nothing else has any issues and I expect it to be that way when I get it back. Don't take shortcuts and please do it correctly the first time." Clear, concise, to the point with no confusion about what my expectations are. Recall that I told them it was leaking 2 months ago during my own routine inspection.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
cobymark

Done putting LED bulbs in the license plate and trunk lights.