Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
 #48397  by WESHOOT2
 Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:57 pm
Naturally, the new lamps required testing.
So I did.

Fortunately it was dark.
The dispersion is similar but better than whatever they replaced, and they were obviously a bit brighter, too.
Snow was falling (had to chase some down in my travels) somewhat vigorously, and the beams were so aimed as to not induce flake-reflection blinding; whew.

They brought it inside to warm up about a half hour before the tech actually touched it. Another reason I take my Kizashi to the same place.

#48428  by WESHOOT2
 Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:45 pm
More time with the new lamps proves having both replaced at once was wise vision-wise.
They definitely provide more illumination.

I notice the 'drilled rotor whirring whistle' sometimes as I come careening to a halt, and I kinda like it. I can vary its tune by modulating brake pressure, which is also kinda cool.

#48429  by KuroNekko
 Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:28 pm
WESHOOT2 wrote:More time with the new lamps proves having both replaced at once was wise vision-wise.
They definitely provide more illumination.

I notice the 'drilled rotor whirring whistle' sometimes as I come careening to a halt, and I kinda like it. I can vary its tune by modulating brake pressure, which is also kinda cool.

Did you get a particular kind of halogen bulb or just replace old ones that were wearing out?
 #48453  by KuroNekko
 Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:15 am
WESHOOT2 wrote:The drivers side popped, so I (wisely) replaced both.
The dealer uses Helio bulbs.

Helio? Never heard of the brand. You don't mean Hella by any chance?
 #48499  by WESHOOT2
 Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:06 pm
Even with my current 'enhanced' warm-up idling, I still averaged 26.0MPG for the last 537 miles.
It's not like I forgot how to mash the gas!