Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
 #48833  by BLyons
 Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:57 pm
Did my first Ice Rally today. Wasn't very competitive though because after the first run I couldn't find grip anywhere. It was a lot of fun and I managed not to break anything, so I guess I can't be too upset about it.
 #48834  by KansasKid
 Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:55 am
BLyons wrote:Did my first Ice Rally today. Wasn't very competitive though because after the first run I couldn't find grip anywhere. It was a lot of fun and I managed not to break anything, so I guess I can't be too upset about it.

NICE! Where at and what tires are you using?
 #48835  by BLyons
 Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:39 pm
KansasKid wrote:
BLyons wrote:Did my first Ice Rally today. Wasn't very competitive though because after the first run I couldn't find grip anywhere. It was a lot of fun and I managed not to break anything, so I guess I can't be too upset about it.

On a lake in Wisconsin. I have Michelin X-Ice tires, though this is their 4th winter so that probably contributed to the grip issues that the WRX's didn't seem to be having.
 #48848  by KansasKid
 Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:11 am
BLyons wrote:
KansasKid wrote:

On a lake in Wisconsin. I have Michelin X-Ice tires, though this is their 4th winter so that probably contributed to the grip issues that the WRX's didn't seem to be having.

Just out of curiosity, did you have any drivetrain issues or service engine warnings while you were rallying?

I pushed Kitsune too hard out in a frozen parking lot recently during a couple of sliding burnouts, and she threw the "Hill Hold Disabled" and "Service ESP" warnings on me. I parked Kitsune for a couple minutes, turned her off and back on, and the warnings went away. I'm pretty sure that I overheated the CVT, but am not entirely sure. I was wondering if you had any issues out there on the track.
 #48870  by BLyons
 Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:06 pm
KansasKid wrote:
BLyons wrote:
KansasKid wrote:

Just out of curiosity, did you have any drivetrain issues or service engine warnings while you were rallying?

I pushed Kitsune too hard out in a frozen parking lot recently during a couple of sliding burnouts, and she threw the "Hill Hold Disabled" and "Service ESP" warnings on me. I parked Kitsune for a couple minutes, turned her off and back on, and the warnings went away. I'm pretty sure that I overheated the CVT, but am not entirely sure. I was wondering if you had any issues out there on the track.

Nope, I didn't have either of those pop up.