Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
 #49012  by KansasKid
 Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:02 pm
KuroNekko wrote:Nice photos on the TB clean. It's been one thing I've neglected so this helps in reminding me to do it at the next service.


I saw this thread over the weekend, and since it was the nicest outside yesterday it's been in a long while, I also decided to scrub out the throttle body in Kitsune as well. She runs a lot smoother now with less shuddering while idling in gear.

Thanks SAEED!
 #49013  by SAEED_KIZZY
 Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:00 pm
KansasKid wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:Nice photos on the TB clean. It's been one thing I've neglected so this helps in reminding me to do it at the next service.


I saw this thread over the weekend, and since it was the nicest outside yesterday it's been in a long while, I also decided to scrub out the throttle body in Kitsune as well. She runs a lot smoother now with less shuddering while idling in gear.

Thanks SAEED!

you're welcome :)
 #49015  by LPSISRL
 Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:27 pm
What did you use to clean it? I've used both carb/choke cleaner and Sea Foam. The Sea Foam was so much better. Also, do you have a manual? If you had the CSV I'm surprised it wasn't stumbling all over itself when coming to a stop particularly, an abrupt stop.
 #49016  by KansasKid
 Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:45 pm
LPSISRL wrote:What did you use to clean it? I've used both carb/choke cleaner and Sea Foam. The Sea Foam was so much better. Also, do you have a manual? If you had the CSV I'm surprised it wasn't stumbling all over itself when coming to a stop particularly, an abrupt stop.


CRC Throttle Body & Air Intake Cleaner
https://www.autozone.com/fuel-and-engin ... /55922_0_0

And you're right about the stumbling over itself as I came to/sat a stop. Cleaning the throttle body has helped with that.
 #49017  by Ronzuki
 Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:23 am
Yessir...that's mild compared to what that Dodge of mine had looked like. That black crud on the rag is what there was copius amounts of as far as the bore scope could see inside the intake. That's exactly what a K&N can do for you.

Question: are you going to switch back to std OE type air filter?
 #49018  by SAEED_KIZZY
 Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:06 am
Ronzuki wrote:Yessir...that's mild compared to what that Dodge of mine had looked like. That black crud on the rag is what there was copius amounts of as far as the bore scope could see inside the intake. That's exactly what a K&N can do for you.

Question: are you going to switch back to std OE type air filter?

Yes I think it better switch back to OEM filter but I will use K&N filter for 6 month from now and then check TB again and switch back to OEM filter and compare result.
Also I noticed that there is a hose to transfer vaporized engine oil from Cylinder Head cover to intake manifold maybe some of this dirt is because of that.