Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
 #49062  by Ronzuki
 Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:55 pm
Yeah, just drivin'...soon t be a thing of the past if we allow it to happen.

Heard something today about the EU mandating individual vehicle speed control (based upon speed limits) in all vehicles by 2022. Not hard to do now that, little by little by little, 'we' the consumers willingly allow (and willingly pay for) intrusive technologies to infiltrate our existence. Big Brother is a watchin'.
 #49123  by KansasKid
 Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:22 pm
Yesterday, I busted out the Goo Gone and removed the decal that the dealership put on Kitsune, as well as the dealer license plate holder. After the non-sense I had to go thru to acquire Kitsune, I don't want to be advertising for those guys.

Day or 2 before that I filled up the spare tires in both the Kizashies. The spare in Kitsune was so low, that I couldn't even get it to register on the tire pressure gauge on my hand-held, battery-powered air compressor. Found out my compressor can only fill about 20psi before it starts to overheat and automatically shuts off, so I had to take the pares to a gas station to get them filled up. Before filling them up, both tires had barely enough combined psi for ONE spare tire. Now they're both good to go in case anything happens.
 #49124  by KansasKid
 Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:26 pm
Ronzuki wrote:Yeah, just drivin'...soon t be a thing of the past if we allow it to happen.

Heard something today about the EU mandating individual vehicle speed control (based upon speed limits) in all vehicles by 2022. Not hard to do now that, little by little by little, 'we' the consumers willingly allow (and willingly pay for) intrusive technologies to infiltrate our existence. Big Brother is a watchin'.

I CAN'T WAIT for automated cars to go mainstream. Mass car ownership will probably drop off the face of the earth as most people will just hail Ubers or a particular manufacturer's vehicles via monthly car subscriptions. The consumer car industry may or may not collapse, as well as the associated car maintenance and car insurance industries, but I like to think there will still be a small market of car owners, and it'll be a lot safer for us to enjoy driving for a while, before they outlaw human-piloted cars in urban areas.

It'll be similar to how there are still SOME people who own horses today, after cars effectively killed off the horse industry. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. Everytime I see someone who can't turn into the correct lane or use their blinker, I just wanna put 'em in da wall. Automated cars will help put an end to all the normies that don't actually care about driving.
 #49148  by KansasKid
 Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:43 pm
Kitsune's title is from South Carolina, so I had to take her to the Kansas Highway Patrol Inspection Office to I can get her ready for registration. As long as you have clear title, all they do is check the VIN numbers around your vehicle to make sure that you didn't cut off parts and put them back together. I was in and out in about 20 min.

The lady that inspected her was reading the title before we walked out to the car, and thought I was trying to get a motorcycle inspected. Then she asked if I had the import documentation to go with her. :lol:

I read the documentation for Kitsune a little more closely, and it turns out she was repo'ed from the previous owner... :shock:
 #49164  by KansasKid
 Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:19 pm
Finalized registering Kitsune with the State of Kansas.

Enjoying the view from my office every day now.

Kitsune is an island of vivid color in a bland fleet of white, black, and grey vehicles on an endless blacktop.

Kitsune-From-Office-Edit.jpg
Kitsune-From-Office-Edit.jpg (987.77 KiB) Viewed 127 times

Kitsune-From-Office-Zoomed.jpg
Kitsune-From-Office-Zoomed.jpg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 127 times
 #49170  by LPSISRL
 Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:36 am
Having a maintenance week since I'm off for spring break.

Changed the oil and filter yesterday. I was at 5100 miles since the last.
Topping off the oil I overshot the fill hole and it spilled on to the drive belt and ran on down. And down. So not only the belt, but the A/C pulley below. No way to clean it and no way I'd start it with the oil on the belt. As luck would have it, I already had the drive belt and a couple of replacement idlers. Word of warning. Getting idlers from RockAuto listed under the Kizashi don't mean that they are the correct part. I could only use one of the idlers and had to put a washer in it so it would actually turn and uses the original bolt. The old drive belt really looked OK. No cracking, splits or anything. 110K miles on it. Took a bunch of pictures of the belt before removing it and drew a diagram. It actually went on pretty easy. The trick was having it go on the tension idler last.

Today, front brakes and rotors. Akebono pads. Figured I'd use those since the originals worked so well for those 110K miles. Except they didn't come with clips so I had to use the outer clips from the originals. Made a big mistake. I compressed the piston and let the fluid drain back into the reservoir. Turns out you can damage the anti-lock system with contaminated fluid. :cry: You're supposed to crack open the bleeder and then compress it. Did it correctly for the driver's side. Also took me less than 1/3 of the time. No problems with the rotors. However, the factories were not worn past speck so I really didn't need to change them. But, with 110K on them and they were sitting on my shelf for months, I put them in anyway. Brakes are more grabby now.
The pads had about one millionth of an inch left on them. :mrgreen:

Tomorrow: Rear brakes and coolant replacement.