What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
BLyons

I took it auto crossing again. Was only able to get 2 laps per heat before the CVT would start whining. Got a lot of compliments on it though, and one person actually knew what it was and was pretty excited to see one in person.

I got beat by three Fiesta STs and a Civic Si, which on paper I shouldn't have been able to compete with anyway, but beat the rest of the cars in the class.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
Ronzuki

Excellent to hear you're still having fun with the car. So your whining issue...without digging through a bunch of past posts/threads, any idea how many miles are on your fluid since the last time it was changed? What's the current mileage on the car/trans?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
WESHOOT2

Easiest answer: Unless just done, replace the CVT fluid.
Then assess........
FrankoLaMoya

Hi peeps, I have not been on this forum for a long time... I need your help! I have been hearing some noises when going over some bumps and I was told I need to replace one stabilizer bar bushing in the front and one in the rear. I am at 118 000 kilometers. I bought the parts (4 bushings, 60$ whatever let's change them all at the same time right?) and returned to the same shop (Midas) to be told their system indicated 5.8 hours of labour only for the front because they need to remove the sub frame or something like that... is that possible? Lol it's going to be quite expensive to install bushings. They cannot find how much time for the rear ones. What do you think? I did not really do any research yet. I thought the regular ones would know? Thanks!!
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
BLyons

Ronzuki wrote:Excellent to hear you're still having fun with the car. So your whining issue...without digging through a bunch of past posts/threads, any idea how many miles are on your fluid since the last time it was changed? What's the current mileage on the car/trans?
I drain/filled it twice in the fall, so only about 4k miles on it since then. At about 94k total right now. Will definitely do another drain/fill this fall, maybe two again.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
Ronzuki

Damn...not what I wanted to hear. Just changed it out and whining again, or still?? I'd go the full three myself. Maybe even 4 if you're going to keep auto-crossing and you're not dropping the pan or changing the cartridge filter. As I'm sure you know, either process yields quite a bit more fluid draining out of the trans after the initial drain from pulling the plug.

After seeing how much 'clearer' the SX4's fluid was during the initial drain at ~55k miles as compared to the last of the 3 drains on the Kizashi at ~80k (and accounting for the abusive way I drive the K), I'm operating under the premise that after not servicing it at all for 80k, two drains on the Kizashi at the next service I plan on at 95-100k is not going to be anywhere near good enough. I'd ration the same for yours as well since it's whining again/still.

On a good note, it was 90 degrees F yesterday on the way home and after a spirited 45 minute drive, then finishing up with a really nice hard romp through the hills-n-twisties, it was still pretty darn quiet when I rolled up to the last stop sign and took off again. A good sign after about 6k on the 'new-er' fluid.

Based upon reports on this forum, I'm also fairly convinced the Japanese built CVTs used in the 2010s and early 2011s are less problematic through the long haul than the units built 'off-shore' elsewhere.
Complete speculation on my part, but seems that way to me.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
old tech

FrankoLaMoya wrote:Hi peeps, I have not been on this forum for a long time... I need your help! I have been hearing some noises when going over some bumps and I was told I need to replace one stabilizer bar bushing in the front and one in the rear. I am at 118 000 kilometers. I bought the parts (4 bushings, 60$ whatever let's change them all at the same time right?) and returned to the same shop (Midas) to be told their system indicated 5.8 hours of labour only for the front because they need to remove the sub frame or something like that... is that possible? Lol it's going to be quite expensive to install bushings. They cannot find how much time for the rear ones. What do you think? I did not really do any research yet. I thought the regular ones would know? Thanks!!
The rear of the subframe will have to be lowered to change the bushings but its not THAT hard. You could just loosen the two bolts on the bushing u clamp and slide a nickle under the bushing center instead. either way a nice long 1/4" ratchet and short 12mm socket is very handy for this.
FrankoLaMoya

Thanks man! Any idea how much time for the rear?
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
old tech

The rear ones just dont get any easier than these as long as you are not in a high corrosion area . You should try to do these your self if its not rusty . If you are going to pay a shop than it will probably be estimated at an hour and that would be more than enough
FrankoLaMoya wrote:Thanks man! Any idea how much time for the rear?
FrankoLaMoya wrote:Thanks man! Any idea how much time for the rear?
BLyons

I recently had my rear bushings and stabilizer links replaced at a shop and I believe they quoted me for 1.25 - 1.5 hours. They did say the bushings were rusted on there pretty tightly.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD