Safety Recall - Spiders round 2

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
LPSISRL

Received an update recall notice for the fix to fix the fix for spiders in the vent line. (you read that correctly) They are replacing the fuel tank, and cap and possible the canister set.

Here's the data:

If you have the installed vent hose filter from the first spider recall AND drive on non-paved or dusty roads AND the filter clogs with dust AND the dust causes negative pressure in fuel tank AND the negative pressure causes the fuel tank to leak AND the fuel tank leak comes in contact with ignition source that COULD cause a fire.

That's a lot of conditions to be met for a fire to result.

Who's in on this one?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Woodie

I'm in on ignoring it.

That's a pretty big job to trust the dealer monkeys with when I never drive on an unpaved road.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

Received mine also yesterday. 3-5 hours depending on AWD or not. So logically, AWD closer to 5 hours then. Ignoring it solely for first half of reason above.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
mysuzyK

me too?
Drem

I've never gone for any of the recalls. I went out of state to buy mine new. I'd have to make a 3 hour drive each way and trust monkeys in my car. The car is fine, thanks.
2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver
KuroNekko

I got the notice too and like you all, intend to ignore the recall fix because it's really not necessary for most people given the conditions required for the worst case scenario. I also had the first fix done and have a filtered vent. The only problem is that this notice states explicitly that for California drivers, the California Air Resource Board may check to see if the recall was performed given it's related to the emissions systems. If the fix was not performed, they can automatically fail you on smog tests and prevent the car from being renewed in registration. I was already due for a smog test prior to this recall notice so I think I can get by for the next 2 years, but may be forced to do this eventually.
I really don't want my gas tank messed with.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
dslatsh

Sad to say it but I think I may get mine done...had the first recall done and since then I've been driving on a dirt/dusty road with it for a bit until they recently finally paved it this year...the guys though at the dealership I would take it to seem to actually know their parts etc, they also sell motorcycles and all that jazz...
Ronzuki

dslatsh wrote: the guys though at the dealership I would take it to seem to actually know their parts etc, they also sell motorcycles and all that jazz...
Who's your dealer? I can wager a good guess...
Ron

dslatsh

Who's your dealer? I can wager a good guess...[/quote]

Service center/parts would be off road express on 10320 Wattsburg Rd, Erie, PA 16509.
Ronzuki

huh...I'd have lost that wager. Sounded just like D'Ambrosio in Frazer, PA. They sell bikes at that location as well.
Ron