2012 Kizashi Radio Navi Upgrade

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
icewalker

Hey guys, new to the forum. My younger sister got a 2012 Kizashi and she loves it. The only thing she misses compared to her old car is the backup camera. I was hoping the get the whole navigation system upgraded instead (preferably, Android) and hook up the backup camera to it. I found a lot for Swift but nothing for Kizashi. Are they usually the same systems?

Do you guys have any alternate suggestions? :idea:
SAEED_KIZZY

No swift is different you need 2 DIN frame to mount HU and also wire harness to connect to OEM connector something like

then you can use any 2 DIN headunit you want I use cheap Chinese headunit called ATOTO and it work great so far

and also more expensive HU like Kenwood 575s. choice is yours.
but remember installing this equipment need soldering and wiring not that difficult but it is better handled by professionals.
and one other thing if your kizashi has Rockford system you can not use this wire harness and it is better not to change your stock HU at all.
bdleonard

If the Kizashi had the factory navigation unit, it would have the Suzuki 2-DIN mount hardware. I believe that factory trim kit is around $100. An aftermarket 2-din trim kit from Scosche (part# SI2229B ) is more like $20, and includes a filler you could use if you wanted to put in a 1-din unit for some reason. You can use any aftermarket 2-din size unit of your choosing, but will need to adapt/modify the wiring and (most likely) add a decoder box for the steering wheel controls if you wish to keep them. The radio wiring will differ, depending on if you currently have the Rockford Fosgate sound system or not.

There is a small plastic filler on the trunk lid near the license plate intended for the factory backup camera (found on the SLS models), however I believe you will need to run your own wiring in the trunk for power, and run a wire for the video signal up to the front of the car. I know a few people here have added them, so a search thorough the forum should lead you to some examples and instructions on how you might do that.
icewalker

Thank you guys. Is there an easy way to find out if it has the Rockford Fosgate sound system? Or should I remove the radio first to check the harness?

@Saeed - How long have you had the ATOTO system installed?
bdleonard

icewalker wrote:Thank you guys. Is there an easy way to find out if it has the Rockford Fosgate sound system? Or should I remove the radio first to check the harness?
It will have "Rockford Fosgate" written in the upper right portion of the display, as seem here: https://www.newegg.com/p/0N0-00CF-000D0

The Rockford Fosgate system uses a separate amplifier, and must be fed with level inputs. Someone went through the trouble of putting together information on all of the different combinations and posting it here several years ago. You can find all of that information on the google drive link in the first post of this thread: viewtopic.php?t=2823
icewalker

bdleonard wrote:
icewalker wrote:Thank you guys. Is there an easy way to find out if it has the Rockford Fosgate sound system? Or should I remove the radio first to check the harness?
It will have "Rockford Fosgate" written in the upper right portion of the display, as seem here: https://www.newegg.com/p/0N0-00CF-000D0

The Rockford Fosgate system uses a separate amplifier, and must be fed with level inputs. Someone went through the trouble of putting together information on all of the different combinations and posting it here several years ago. You can find all of that information on the google drive link in the first post of this thread: viewtopic.php?t=2823
Thank you so much for your help. It doesn't have the Rockford Fosgate system. I'm a bit more confident on what to buy.