Safety Recall - Spiders round 2

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
old tech

dslatsh wrote:Sad to say it but I think I may get mine done...had the first recall done and since then I've been driving on a dirt/dusty road with it for a bit until they recently finally paved it this year...the guys though at the dealership I would take it to seem to actually know their parts etc, they also sell motorcycles and all that jazz...
I think its a good idea since you live in one of the worst areas for rust and corrosion and your dealer is a good one. I deal with their parts and service quite often
Ronzuki

Has the actual revised recall been issued for this yet?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
bdleonard

Ronzuki wrote:Has the actual revised recall been issued for this yet?
Yes. I got my letter in mid-August, though I still need to decide when to schedule the repair. At the moment I am putting it off for a bit, in hopes that the fix for the passenger airbag sensor sensor comes out soon and I can have both recalls taken care of at once, since I am some distance from the nearest service center. However, at the moment it looks like the passenger airbag sensor recall will probably not exist before early 2020 at the soonest

Here is the mailed notice letter for the fuel system recall:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2018/R ... 9-3846.pdf
dslatsh

Yeah my appointment is December 3rd. They said they're pretty booked and trying to do 2-3 a week since can take 5 hours to do depending on if awd
z06jeff

Got the recall work done on my wife's Kizashi a few days ago. Dropped it off at 8am, and they called around 4 to tell me it's done. I made the appointment several weeks ago because they were booked 6 weeks out. The list of parts replaced was pretty extensive. I don't have the invoice in front of me, but I remember seeing fuel tank, cap, evap canister, and a few other bits.
The car doesn't behave any differently than it did before it went in, so I'd say they did a good job.
2017 Lexus IS350 F-Sport awd
2003 Tracker 4dr 2.0
2002 Corvette Z06 :drive:
1968 Corvette 327
Ronzuki

z06jeff wrote: ...so I'd say they did a good job.
Good to know, time will tell. Who's 'they'?
Ron

z06jeff

Ronzuki wrote:
z06jeff wrote: ...so I'd say they did a good job.
Good to know, time will tell. Who's 'they'?
Autoland Hyundai in Uniontown, PA. They used to be Autoland Hyundai/Suzuki, so they still do all the warranty and recall work for Suzukis. I believe the same Suzuki Technicians still work there. They've done all my recall work, (shifter bracket, CVT module, gas tank) and I never had a problem with their work.
2017 Lexus IS350 F-Sport awd
2003 Tracker 4dr 2.0
2002 Corvette Z06 :drive:
1968 Corvette 327
Ronzuki

Uniontown...that's way out below Cal U of PA as I recall, that's a long haul for me. Lucky you that they retained their trained zuk techs.
My ex-dealer lost theirs looong time ago. The techs they have now, that are worth anything, work the Alfas primarily, then their Fiats. They'll throw anyone else leftover with a pulse that's available on the zuks and other non-essentials to the Fiat/Alfa dealership brand. Let's face it, Zuks are old-news and has-beens on the priority scale. On top of that, it's warranty work to boot, and we all know the pay scale on that type of work. Can't say as I'd trust them any longer to reliably do something major like this tank work. Think I'll keep on rollin' the dice with this one. I'll continue to crack the gas cap every so often between weekly fill-ups to break any possible increase in tank vacuum as a precaution. That's far simpler and easier than dealing with this recall and the fallout from a highly possible rushed/botched 'warranty rate repair'.
Ron

KuroNekko

I got a recall notice "postcard" in the mail the other day. Looks like Suzuki is taking this seriously. For a while, I was wondering if I had the original recall work done, how necessary this new one was. It addresses flaws in the first recall solution which apparently made the canister vent hose filter susceptible to a different kind of blockage (by dirt this time). I also read that California may block registration renewals for vehicles with outstanding recalls on their VIN. Given all the factors of my state laws, the fact that I occasionally drive in dusty areas, and that I plan to keep my Kizashi for much longer, looks like I'll just have to get this done. Hopefully, a service location is close to me. I sure hope so given I can drive to Suzuki's American HQ in less than 45 mins!
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KlutzNinja

KuroNekko wrote:I got a recall notice "postcard" in the mail the other day. Looks like Suzuki is taking this seriously. For a while, I was wondering if I had the original recall work done, how necessary this new one was. It addresses flaws in the first recall solution which apparently made the canister vent hose filter susceptible to a different kind of blockage (by dirt this time). I also read that California may block registration renewals for vehicles with outstanding recalls on their VIN. Given all the factors of my state laws, the fact that I occasionally drive in dusty areas, and that I plan to keep my Kizashi for much longer, looks like I'll just have to get this done. Hopefully, a service location is close to me. I sure hope so given I can drive to Suzuki's American HQ in less than 45 mins!
I just got the postcard, too. Like you, I’m in CA as well. If you’re that close to Suzuki HQ, which is in Brea if I’m not mistaken, it sounds like you might be based in LA or Orange County? I think the closest Suzuki service center is the Suzuki Depot in Santa Ana.
Any other SoCal Kizashi owners have experience with this place? I’m hoping the techs are competent; I have some serious trust issues with strangers handling my Kizashi lol (I will never take it to a valet).

On a side note, do these service centers have spare equipment beyond what is being recalled? In my case when I got my Kizashi it was without the owner’s manual tray that fits into the glovebox, and I have had no luck finding any online for purchase. I’m hoping that one of these service depots might have stuff like that, but I’m not keeping my hopes up. I’ve never had to take a car in for recall work so this whole thing is new to me.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)