What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

Oh, I forgot to add that the Kizashi's halogens are prone to premature failure as well. Bulb replacements are a huge pain in the ass given they require the removal of the bumper and headlights to have the clearance to install the bulbs in most cases. I've been running HIDs and LEDs from early on and these have offered superior lighting with far better longevity. I've been running my HIDs on the original bulbs and ballasts for over 5 years!
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

Hills and heat are not the Kizashi CVT's best friend. Unit is border-line undersized for the car and engine. Keep on top of the fluid changes especially w/ the kind of driving you've described. Despite what's NOT in the manual for servicing the trans, it needs its fluid changed routinely just like any other transmission fluid. Maybe even more so. Downside is it's super expensive here in the U.S. IMHO, so likely crazy high for you to obtain where you are. You don't want to have to source a used CVT in unknown condition in your situation. Tons of threads on the forum regarding CVTs and its fluid. After reading if you have any questions, just ask.

The Kiz was designed for the twisties :drive:
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Sasha-CR

This last one is a US-spec 2012 S 6MT I changed the steelies for alloy rims but other than that everything is stock.

In this country the only Kizashi sold was the top of the line model without awd. Apparently, it was like a luxury car here, so they didn't bother bringing other trims. With this in mind, there actually may be more cvt parts than mt parts, as all MT are imported by individuals here.

As for the shocks issue, I remember seeing the posts years ago and the other ones never developed the issue. This one did, but only once it met the gnarly roads of CR :D

So, i went ahead and bought replacement boots as well from kyb which apparently take into account the revision of the Suzuki part. Parts should be coming this week

I get lots of compliments, but especially of people that drive it or ride in it. I get a nice feeling Everytime I sit in it.
Ronzuki

Been leaving for work earlier and couldn't see squat in the pre-dawn fog yesterday morning. Got to work an realize both low-beams were out. A pair of Phillips Vision bulbs, lasted 3 years almost to the week. I routinely drive with all of my lights on quite often.

Stopped at Pep Boys on the way home, same bulbs $37 for same pair. :shock: I walked up to the counter guy, dude older than me, and he said damn those are expensive. I said what else you have? "Champion, mechanic's parts. They're not in the fancy packaging hanging out there." Never hurts to ask aye? Went w/ the OE Champion H7s that their mechanics install in cars they work on. Behind the counter bulb in a simple cardboard box, made in China or Korea, $3.99 each. Work just fine. We'll see what kind of life they give. The Phillips Vision are made in the P.R.C. as well, so I'm thinking this is a no brainer.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
BLyons

My Morimoto HIDs started acting up again where the drivers side low beam wouldn't always turn on. So I went through the process of swapping parts one at a time from driver's side to passenger side until the problem moved to find the bad component. After swapping the relays, it had jumped to the passenger side, but before the new relays even arrived it had somehow switched back to the driver's side. After swapping literally every component and relocating the ground with no solution, I finally just decided to scrap the whole system.

I saw that Morimoto has a pretty good looking LED set and decided to give those a shot, since their pictures do show that they maintain a stock cutoff in a projector housing. Mine was missing one of the adapter harnesses, but luckily I had one from the HIDs and the design was basically the same. Install went decently, but the retainer clips were a pain in the ass to get into position because the base of the LEDs does not have the recessed groove for the clip to fit nicely into it. Everything fits into the housing well and allows room for the cap to go back on. The light seems brighter and a little more spread out than the HIDs, but that could be because it comes on instantly rather than having a warm up, and I'd been driving with one light for most the prior few weeks. I was following a friend last night and they said the lights didn't seem too bright, so hopefully that means it's not an issue to anyone else. The fans on them are fairly loud though. From in the cabin, they're basically as loud as if the A/C was turned on, and are definitely audible when the radio is off. Hopefully these last the rest of the car's life.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
rav_andres

I been doing some upgrades to the audio, change the stock non rockford head unit with and android unit, 4gb ram, 64gb of internal memory, Dasaita MAX6 7 inch. Installed a new 4 channel amp to power up the speakers (alpine ktp445u) and one monoblock amp (a rockford) for the subwoofer that fits perfect where the "OEM Rockford amp" goes. The sound improvement was huge and the new functions in the head unit refresh the car up to modern days.
Attachments
20191019_195804.jpg
20191019_195804.jpg (220.95 KiB) Viewed 5739 times
20191019_195707.jpg
20191019_195707.jpg (206.03 KiB) Viewed 5739 times
DrStrange

rav_andres wrote:I been doing some upgrades to the audio, change the stock non rockford head unit with and android unit, 4gb ram, 64gb of internal memory, Dasaita MAX6 7 inch. Installed a new 4 channel amp to power up the speakers (alpine ktp445u) and one monoblock amp (a rockford) for the subwoofer that fits perfect where the "OEM Rockford amp" goes. The sound improvement was huge and the new functions in the head unit refresh the car up to modern days.
And the reverse camera work?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
rossirob73

Look good mate. Keep up the good work. Looks like you have the full manual car.
Wish mine was manual.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
DrStrange

rossirob73 wrote:Look good mate. Keep up the good work. Looks like you have the full manual car.
Wish mine was manual.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Perfect Thanks :)
rav_andres

DrStrange wrote:
rav_andres wrote:I been doing some upgrades to the audio, change the stock non rockford head unit with and android unit, 4gb ram, 64gb of internal memory, Dasaita MAX6 7 inch. Installed a new 4 channel amp to power up the speakers (alpine ktp445u) and one monoblock amp (a rockford) for the subwoofer that fits perfect where the "OEM Rockford amp" goes. The sound improvement was huge and the new functions in the head unit refresh the car up to modern days.
And the reverse camera work?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Works fine, the only thing that is "not right" or could be better is the factory alignment or angle where the camera is mounted (im using the oem slot. To make it work, just connect the camera to the reverse light.