What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
rav_andres

rossirob73 wrote:Look good mate. Keep up the good work. Looks like you have the full manual car.
Wish mine was manual.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thanks and yes, fully manual, i rather prefer a basic manual unit than a fully loaded cvt one because of power and feel. Here where i live, the only "sport" model was offered with CVT .
Still, i was able to install the OEM fog lights, cruise control (i replaced the steering wheel with a top spec kizashi and works perfect) and the sport 18" wheels. i only use the car weekends, its a 16' model with only 20k miles.
KuroNekko

In just the last four days, I witnessed two accidents occur directly in front of my Kizashi while driving. Both captured on my dash camera. The first one wasn't serious: a car ran a red light and hit the vehicle legally crossing the intersection in front of me. No injuries and minimal damage.
The one today was much more serious: a car lost control on the freeway, hit the center median, flipped over, and skid to a stop upside down in front of me. The driver suffered a broken arm and lacerations. I called 911 and stayed on scene for California Highway Patrol and then provided the dash camera footage to the officers. I'll upload them for viewing at a later time after editing and redaction.

Drive safely out there.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
BLyons

I got my annual oil change along with two more drain and fills on the CVT (had two done last year as well), fluid replacements in the transfer case and rear diff, and since I'm about to hit 100k, I had the serpentine belt and tensioner replaced as well. Not sure if I'll be doing any more CVT drain and fills next year, I've now done 4 in less than 10k miles, so I'm hoping it should be good for at least 20k, which would be 2-3 years for me.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
OliverB

Got the car aligned, replaced the brake pads, rotors, tires, outer tie rods, top plates, front contral arms, bushings on both swaybars, swaybar links and swapped my original wheels for an identical set that has been powdercoated by a friend of mine. Also got to install the large plastic shields on both sides of the car, replaced the licence plate lights and the bulb on the right side marker.
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi
Ronzuki

top plates? Something on the front struts??

...oh and I put the K's battery on the tender this morning after taking it off the tractor...
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
OliverB

Ronzuki wrote:top plates? Something on the front struts??

...oh and I put the K's battery on the tender this morning after taking it off the tractor...
Yeah, there was a clunking noise on the front end and I couldn't figure out where it came from. Turns out it was the outer tie rods. Thankfully, it wasn't the inner tie rods as the only option is to get used ones or to use universal tie rods and cut them to spec.

I got the oem parts from this website and their prices are way more competitive than the others I've had to deal with: https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine ... &vid=16&q=

I've had $600 worth of parts delivered through EMS and haven't had to pay a dime on taxes or importation fees. Their selection seems a bit limited, but it's worth checking out if you need something like a rear knuckle ($300 cheaper than the other websites).
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi
old tech

I resurrected this Kizashi from the dead. 2012 SE Fwd 142K miles from Texas. I replaced the engine and radiator because of a failed belt tensioner. I refreshed the transmission primary unit and converted to long pin. I change the interior making it a two-tone. I stitch fixed the front bumper cover because it was broken in three places. The crack in the picture actually goes from driver side of the Suzuki badge clear or to right headlight opening Image. These are too expensive to fix and good used ones are next to impossible to obtain affordability. Image. I did this because the original tan interior was stained so bad . I think it looks decent now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KIZAWDinKC

Turned 100,000 miles even though I've had the car almost 10 years. It became a daily beater to my primary vehicle, so it has kept some miles off this 10 year old Kizashi. Still runs ok. Just have a minor oil leak to resolve. Not sure how much longer I'll have this car before it goes to the junk yard or I trade it in for a few hundred bucks. Not worth anything on a trade-in for another used car and this car worries me with the constant issues that have been popping up with it that are always a pain to resolve.
Attachments
20200102_144632.jpg
20200102_144632.jpg (79.61 KiB) Viewed 6605 times
old tech

When you get to that point of letting it go , let me know. I think they are worth the effort of repairing and I have alot more family that could a good car.
KIZAWDinKC

Hey oldtech, will do.