Safety Recall - Spiders round 2

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Ronzuki

old tech probably has one of those trays and would likely sell it. Seems he's becoming the keeper of dead and non-functioning Kizashis, which, is a good thing that someone is. There was an outfit out in the northwest that over the years had become a Samurai/Sidekick/Tracker graveyard. THE go to place for all those goofy hard to find nuts bolts and other parts. Was the only place I could get the proper size and grade of large flange drive shaft coupling bolts. The OE bolts were the only thing that fit and worked.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
rossirob73

No recaĺl notice here in australia as far as im aware.

Anyone in Oz get a letter

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
KuroNekko

KlutzNinja wrote: I just got the postcard, too. Like you, I’m in CA as well. If you’re that close to Suzuki HQ, which is in Brea if I’m not mistaken, it sounds like you might be based in LA or Orange County? I think the closest Suzuki service center is the Suzuki Depot in Santa Ana.
Any other SoCal Kizashi owners have experience with this place? I’m hoping the techs are competent; I have some serious trust issues with strangers handling my Kizashi lol (I will never take it to a valet).

On a side note, do these service centers have spare equipment beyond what is being recalled? In my case when I got my Kizashi it was without the owner’s manual tray that fits into the glovebox, and I have had no luck finding any online for purchase. I’m hoping that one of these service depots might have stuff like that, but I’m not keeping my hopes up. I’ve never had to take a car in for recall work so this whole thing is new to me.
Yup, I live in OC so the Santa Ana location is closest to me. However, I recall calling Suzuki Corporate last year and asking about the service locations. If I recall correctly, the Santa Ana location only does recall work and does not offer any other sort of servicing for Suzukis. In fact, I think they are now a commercial-truck service location now. I will have to get the specifics when I bother to get serious about getting the recall done. I do remember being told that the closest full-service location was in Escondido which isn't even in OC.

As for finding a part like the owner manual tray, a junkyard with a Kizashi is your best bet. Some websites allow you to put out specific part requests and junkyards will contact you about pricing and shipping for the part if they have it.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KlutzNinja

Thanks for the tip, KuroNekko. There aren’t too many junkyards around me but I’ll keep up the search online. It’s a little difficult trying to find the glove box tray though since at best most places only list the glove box itself.

I think the Santa Ana location is shared with a place called Tom’s Trucks that works on commercial Isuzus of all things. It doesn’t look like a very large facility (on Google Maps), but I can’t imagine that too many Kizashi owners live nearby and take their cars in. I could be wrong, though.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
SamirD

Interesting. Just finally getting around to take care of the poor Kizashi who's health has actually taken a huge nosedive after being returned to use in the sunny south. You think that getting away from the midwest winters would have been good for it. :cry:

I haven't yet received this recall, so I know they've got my address as I've gotten my '10th notice' for the shifter recall. :lol:

As far as getting it done, I think I'm in the 'ignore' crowd for now. 8-)
SamirD

My own thread and I didn't post. :oops:

Finally changed out the amsoil that's been in there for a few years now. :| The engine has been making extra noise when starting up climing up towards the 2-3k mark, so I know it was starting to get damaged. :cry:

Changed out the oil and filter and everything sounds good except on initial startup so I'm thinking it is just some buildup which will hopefully will be cleaned away with time. I also added some seafoam to help with that process.

After the first start for the day, it starts up nice and smooth, but the clacking noise that's been there on cylinder 2 or 3 (2nd on from passenger side) from 25k miles has gotten worse. :cry: I'm afraid this super extended oil run has taken its toll.

And just as I have aged in the last few years from all the stress in my life, the Kizashi is now in the same shape--brakes are all shot, calipers are not working right, corrosion EVERYWHERE now, rust all over--which completely dumbfounds me as it was in really great shape when it was in snow country with salt roads. :cry: Lots of tlc needed now and I have even less time to do it. Not happy that my car isn't happy anymore. :cry:

And I just got the 'fuel tank may crack' recall--anyone have the tsb on this that goes into the repair details? Is this the spider thing again? :lol:
bdleonard

SamirD wrote:And I just got the 'fuel tank may crack' recall--anyone have the tsb on this that goes into the repair details? Is this the spider thing again? :lol:
This is the full procedure. Still related to the vent line getting blocked:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2018/R ... 9-7947.pdf
SamirD

bdleonard wrote:
SamirD wrote:And I just got the 'fuel tank may crack' recall--anyone have the tsb on this that goes into the repair details? Is this the spider thing again? :lol:
Thank you so much for this!

Quite a seriously involved process. :o There's no way that's going to be done without some other problems being created. And I'm willing to bet $100 no one that has this done will have their radio reprogrammed with their presets again. :lol:
Ronzuki

SamirD wrote:
bdleonard wrote:
Thank you so much for this!

Quite a seriously involved process. :o There's no way that's going to be done without some other problems being created. And I'm willing to bet $100 no one that has this done will have their radio reprogrammed with their presets again. :lol:
Several recall notices have made their way to the circular file. Yeah, plenty of opportunity for high-dollar injected problems, related or not, with the recall that won't be covered under any other kind of 'warranty' that may be remaining for some, besides dealer good-faith (don't hold your breath on that happening right about now). Everything right down to the monkeys breaking or losing half of the $2 undercover fasteners and not replacing them... because they weren't part of the recall parts list. I'm SURE they'll study and follow the 50+ page bulletin to the letter :roll:

If/when the tank starts leaking gas, that's when it'll get "fixed". Otherwise, it's been good for nearly 10 years.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
WESHOOT2

Chatted about the tank recall with the shop boys; introducing other issues every single time they do it. Broken fuel lines, argumentative hardware, damaged exhaust systems, added WTF problems, and at minimum a two-day job.

No thank you.