What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Ronzuki

Getting the Sumitomos put on tomorrow morning during annual state inspection along w/an alignment check...not experiencing any issues though. Let's see if they tell me, for the third year in a row, I'm going to need brakes before next year's inspection. :roll: 91k+ and it's still sporting the original Akebono components. (I use the paddles....a lot) :drive:
Last edited by Ronzuki on Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: chng'd mileage statement from 92k+ to 91k+...my bad haven't driven it but once since fall.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Ronzuki

New sneakers on, car inspected and passed w/ flying colors as usual. Cost me zippo...again. Original brakes still pass...again. 3/32 all around, however, won't get away w/ it again come next year. Tires are round, smooth, and quiet once again. Enjoyed the casual driving today and now she's tucked back in the garage. Life is good. Love my zuks.
Ron

WESHOOT2

Today --2/2-/2020-- I made my third Kizashi pass 120,000 miles on its odometer.
Ronzuki

Guinness Book of Records- holder of the title for most miles driven in a Kizashi. How many total miles is that now? Over 350k?
Ron

mysuzyK

2010 SE 97,895 finally replaced original front brakes. I am very pleased with the mileage on them.
overall the car has been great. No major repairs. a couple of headlights and rear brakes @50,000.
not sure what I am going to get for my next car, will be very hard to replace for me.
WESHOOT2

351,100+ and climbing.......
Ronzuki

mysuzyK wrote: will be very hard to replace for me.
you and everyone else on this forum. :cry:
Ron

old tech

I got to change my first Kizashi AWD rear differential clutch. I thought these units were bulletproof due to the fact Suzuki used them in the SX4 and even lock them constantly and I had never seen a failure. As it turns out it’s easy to kill them. Alls you got to do is load the Awd Kizashi up on the car dolly, ignore any common sense voices in your head that this is a bad idea and also the owners manual towing instructions and drive the car down the road at say 50 miles an hour for about 20 miles and ignore any kicking and screaming the car does while the clutch is trying to weld itself to the shaft. That should do it. I wasn’t there to see it happen but I got to see the remains. I change out the failed transmission and then found the Awd action had been replaced with a bunch of noise when you wanted it to work. I’m just venting I guess but this particular car had many inflicted issues for me to straighten out . The jack and tools and owners manual were gone and probably sold by the used car dealer on eBay. The rom that it came with the car didn’t mate the computer leaving me with the code p1825 and this 2012 was very difficult to get it to accept that rom . All kinds of broken and missing stuff from past attempts of repair I think, but it’s working great now. Just to clarify. The transmission had already failed before the tow. There wouldn’t be any damage to this from this towing fiasco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quimicax

old tech wrote:I got to change my first Kizashi AWD rear differential clutch. I thought these units were bulletproof due to the fact Suzuki used them in the SX4 and even lock them constantly and I had never seen a failure. As it turns out it’s easy to kill them. Alls you got to do is load the Awd Kizashi up on the car dolly, ignore any common sense voices in your head that this is a bad idea and also the owners manual towing instructions and drive the car down the road at say 50 miles an hour for about 20 miles and ignore any kicking and screaming the car does while the clutch is trying to weld itself to the shaft. That should do it. I wasn’t there to see it happen but I got to see the remains. I change out the failed transmission and then found the Awd action had been replaced with a bunch of noise when you wanted it to work. I’m just venting I guess but this particular car had many inflicted issues for me to straighten out . The jack and tools and owners manual were gone and probably sold by the used car dealer on eBay. The rom that it came with the car didn’t mate the computer leaving me with the code p1825 and this 2012 was very difficult to get it to accept that rom . All kinds of broken and missing stuff from past attempts of repair I think, but it’s working great now. Just to clarify. The transmission had already failed before the tow. There wouldn’t be any damage to this from this towing fiasco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ECCD (electronically controlled via a multiplate wet clutch)
It is a unit totally separate from the rear differential in the repair manual explains step by step how to remove this unit
Kizashi GTS 2013 AWD
DRL Off / Foglights Without Headlights

Ford Explorer Sport 2013
350Rwhp

Nissan Xtrail 2017
Quimicax

Kizashi 2013 GTS AWD
127K Miles (203K Kilometers)

Things I did:
Change Spark Plug (NGK LFR6IX)
Coolant Flush (Prestone 50/50)
Change CVT Fluid (Valvoline Synthetic CVT)
Change Transfer and Rear Diff (Mobil 1 Syntethic Oil 75w80)
Installed LED And H.I.D In Hi (H.I.D) Xentec 55w / Lo (LED) OPT7 / Fog (LED) Opt7
Turn Off DRL And Foglight Turn On Without Headlight

Things to do:
Flush CVT Fluid 12qt And Change Both Filters (I hope it lasts up to 200K miles without problems :lol: :lol: )
Change Air Filter With K&N Re-Usable Filter
Change The Front Shock Absorbers
Install Aftermark Oil Cooler For CVT With Fan
der-13870_xl.jpg
der-13870_xl.jpg (124.07 KiB) Viewed 16243 times
Changes Engine Mounts
Kizashi GTS 2013 AWD
DRL Off / Foglights Without Headlights

Ford Explorer Sport 2013
350Rwhp

Nissan Xtrail 2017