Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
 #51514  by Spreekid
 Thu May 14, 2020 12:09 am
Hey everyone,
I’m new to the forum and I bought a kizashi in September of 2019 with only 75,000 miles! I love the kizashi because it was cheap, looks nice, and it had AWD ;) My problem is kind of hard to explain, but I’m wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone knows how to fix it.
I have the Kizashi S, no Bluetooth and no RF stereo, which is fine, but whenever I plug my iPhone into the USB to play music, the first track shows up on the screen just fine with title of song and artist, etc. But as soon as the next song comes on the screen goes blank and doesn’t show anything until I unplug the cable and put it back in. The same thing happens again where the first song shows up just fine, but no other tracks show up on the screen. I have tried every cable I have including the cable that came with my phone but nothing seems to fix it.
Thanks for reading and sorry it was so long
 #51519  by Drem
 Thu May 14, 2020 10:21 am
Maybe it's not supposed to interface with another device, just storage? I'm thinking the deck and phone are "arguing" over who gets it and the phone wins.

Try putting the music on a standalone USB stick and see if you have the same problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 #51526  by KlutzNinja
 Thu May 14, 2020 8:00 pm
The owner’s manual says something about what kind of devices should be plugged in, and if I’m not mistaken, phones and other items with high memory capacities are not included. Yet my iPod and iPhone still work alright with it lol.

Anyway, my iPhone works fine but only if I go onto the music app first and start the song I want to initially listen to. If I’m on another app, plug it in and then try to play what I last played, I get an error message some of the time, especially if I pause the music right after the phone is plugged in.

My issue sounds different from yours, but maybe doing what I do with leaving the phone on the music app before plugging in might help.
 #51531  by Spreekid
 Fri May 15, 2020 9:18 am
Drem wrote:Maybe it's not supposed to interface with another device, just storage? I'm thinking the deck and phone are "arguing" over who gets it and the phone wins.

Try putting the music on a standalone USB stick and see if you have the same problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hmmm interesting idea and thanks for the tip about the usb stick I’ll try that and let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #51532  by Spreekid
 Fri May 15, 2020 9:20 am
KlutzNinja wrote:The owner’s manual says something about what kind of devices should be plugged in, and if I’m not mistaken, phones and other items with high memory capacities are not included. Yet my iPod and iPhone still work alright with it lol.

Anyway, my iPhone works fine but only if I go onto the music app first and start the song I want to initially listen to. If I’m on another app, plug it in and then try to play what I last played, I get an error message some of the time, especially if I pause the music right after the phone is plugged in.

My issue sounds different from yours, but maybe doing what I do with leaving the phone on the music app before plugging in might help.

Ah I thought that might have been the problem but I never checked the manual That would have been smart. I’ll also try the tip the next time I drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #51561  by Spreekid
 Thu May 21, 2020 2:06 am
Sorry it took so long for me to reply. Been a little busy the past week. I tried both of your suggestions and they both worked! I will probably use my phone for music as I do bring it everywhere.