What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Vin_Kizashi

Was going on everyone! new to the site! hope all is doing well! drove mine to work and redoing the stereo system soon! trying to make it look nice!
n8dogg

Ronzuki wrote:
n8dogg wrote: Fluid sample is going to Black Stone for analysis.
That ought to be an interesting report...let us know what it says.
Results are in:

"NATHAN: Thanks for the info. We've always heard that CVT's can be finicky, but weren't aware of any
specific problems these Suzukis are prone to have. Regardless, there isn't any sign of trouble in these
results. Metal levels have come down substantially since last time, thanks to the combination of less
accumulation during the shorter oil run and lingering wear-in washing out. These are healthy levels for the
circumstances, so it appears that the internal parts are getting long well together. No contamination was
detected, and the viscosity is in spec. Nice report!"
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
Ronzuki

That sounds like some encouraging good news right there. And, further evidence that factory fills should have been changed out long ago (on a normal schedule) as opposed to never.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
soylentgreen

Looking into decking out the suspension in new bits from Ultra Racing...
I posted about them here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5305
Vin_Kizashi

So I recently changed out the door speakers with upgraded Rockford Fosgate speakers, a new Kenwood stereo, HID lights, cob reverse lights, so far so good! :D
SAEED_KIZZY

Vin_Kizashi wrote:So I recently changed out the door speakers with upgraded Rockford Fosgate speakers, a new Kenwood stereo, HID lights, cob reverse lights, so far so good! :D
Nice, those Rockford Fostage speakers are awsome especially rear ones.
AirRideFan

n8dogg wrote:Performed second CVT service at 125,000 miles...30k after initial service. Pulled pan and changed filter as well. Pulled the cooler return line to flush out the remaining old fluid, 100% all new fluid inside. Of note: my 2012 has the shallow pan of the '10 and '11 models. No shinny bits and the magnets looked pretty clean! Fluid sample is going to Black Stone for analysis.
That's awesome! Ahh

I have a 2012, too... just hit 130k, and I haven't touched my CVT fluid since I bought it with 36k in May of 2016. Wondering if I shoud just LEAVE it be, now.. since it's been shifting smooth and running perfectly.
The CVT was whining quite a bit and making a few strange sounds a few weeks after I bought it--- but they seem to have went away- maybe the car just didn't like sitting?

Anyway--- I didn't know there were two different cvt pans! What is the production date of your '12 ?

Do you think I should take it somewhere to have this done... even with 130k on it now? I'm not sure I'd be able to do it at home.
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!
bdleonard

I replaced my pristine beige cloth manual seats, with a nice set of the power, heated black leather seats. The now two tone interior is interesting, but does not seem terribly out of place. I'm waiting for a heated seat climate panel to arrive later this week, for some final testing.

If anyone has an interest in a set of very good condition manual cloth seats out of a low mileage (47K) car, in Upstate NY, feel free to send me a message. I'll probably put something up in the classified section once I'm sure the "new" seats are working to my satisfaction.
AirRideFan

bdleonard wrote:I replaced my pristine beige cloth manual seats, with a nice set of the power, heated black leather seats. The now two tone interior is interesting, but does not seem terribly out of place. I'm waiting for a heated seat climate panel to arrive later this week, for some final testing.

If anyone has an interest in a set of very good condition manual cloth seats out of a low mileage (47K) car, in Upstate NY, feel free to send me a message. I'll probably put something up in the classified section once I'm sure the "new" seats are working to my satisfaction.
Post your tan seats up in the classifieds, so everyone can see you have them. And THAT'S SWEET! I can imagine it looks pretty cool. If I had a set of tan leather seats to swap in place of my black ones, I'd do it. Since the entire headliner and all the interiors pillars (A, B, and C) are tan regardless of your interior choice- the tan seats on the black carpet would look so nice. I wish more "good" cars like the Kizashi would do contrasting colors... Mostly BMW's, and some newer GM cars (but after owning 15 of them- I'm a Jap car lover/owner for life now- at least for my "daily driver") Please post some pics and let us know how the heated seat connections go...hoping they are in there and plug and play. (That's how the Mazda MX-6 was- prob the Probe, too)
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!
bdleonard

AirRideFan wrote: Please post some pics and let us know how the heated seat connections go...hoping they are in there and plug and play. (That's how the Mazda MX-6 was- prob the Probe, too)
I can say confidently, that they are Plug and Play. All of the wiring and fuses already exist for power and heat on both the passenger and driver side . I physically checked before I started just to be sure. I just need to pop in the climate panel with the heated seat buttons once it arrives, which is about a 5 minute job. Not too important for 3 or 4 more months, but it should be here this week anyways :-) Once I have everything finalized and cleaned up, I'll post a thread with a few pictures.