Safety Recall - Spiders round 2

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KlutzNinja

@ Kuro: I’ll PM you the advisor’s number so you don’t have to call the larger facility and be out on hold for a while like I was lol.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
Ronzuki

AirRideFan wrote: My 2012's belt and tensioner pully are making a bunch of noise (especially with the a/c on) -- I didn't know there was a recall for this. I didn't see it when I put my vin # in the last time.
Early model year recall on both Kizashi, and I believe, similar vintage SX4s. My Kiz is a 2010 and wife's SX4 is a 2011. I forget if her car got a tensioner recall or not. If it did, I'm certain I would have had it replaced.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KuroNekko

KlutzNinja wrote:@ Kuro: I’ll PM you the advisor’s number so you don’t have to call the larger facility and be out on hold for a while like I was lol.
Thanks!
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KlutzNinja

Sorry to keep resurrecting this thread lol but I just wanted to post an update/note of sorts. It’s been about 1.5 months and everything regarding the fuel tank is still fine. But when I did my oil change and tire rotation the other day, I noticed the rear-driver-side wheel wasn’t screwed in as tightly as the others. This particular wheel is removed for the fuel tank replacement, FYI. I didn’t realize this until the day after. I was using an impact driver or whatever it’s called and I had trouble getting the other wheels’ lug nuts off smoothly. Then the gas tank wheel is the last I go to and they all come off without fuss. At the time I thought it was odd and chalked it up to possibly just getting used to the driver (note: I was at a DIY garage and normally don’t handle repair tools; in fact I’m terrible at a lot of car DIY :lol:).
So my message here is that if/when you get this recall fix performed, check the wheel by the gas tank with a torque wrench (103.5 foot-lbs if I recall right). The tech who works on your car may not torque the lug nuts appropriately. I trust the work my tech did with the gas tank, however.
OliverB

I called an ex dealer for an appointment. The lady on the phone said all the recalls had already been done on the car. I told her that it was impossible since I received letters for both the fuel tank and the passenger seat in 2019/2020. She asked me to send her pictures of the letters, which I apparently no longer have. I called the Suzuki's office and got the same speech. They couldn't even check if they sent me letters. Looks like the car is gonna remain this way I guess.
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi
KlutzNinja

OliverB wrote:I called an ex dealer for an appointment. The lady on the phone said all the recalls had already been done on the car. I told her that it was impossible since I received letters for both the fuel tank and the passenger seat in 2019/2020. She asked me to send her pictures of the letters, which I apparently no longer have. I called the Suzuki's office and got the same speech. They couldn't even check if they sent me letters. Looks like the car is gonna remain this way I guess.
Since recalls are done with some sort of collaboration with the National Highway and Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA), I think it’s possible to enter your VIN on their website to see what recall work your car has undergone or needs. The Suzuki service centers use a similar system where you tell them your VIN and they can tell you which recalls you still need done. At least that’s what happened when I made my appointment. I’ll go check the NHTSA site momentarily.

If you haven’t done the fuel tank recall, the notices will pile up lol. Before I went in for my fix, I had like at least three of the postcards, plus at least one full-sized form. The seat recall is very recent however, so a second notice may be just around the corner. I’m not sure if they send them out to everyone at once or randomly, however.

Edit: okay you can enter the VIN but the site says the lookup won’t tell you about repaired vehicles. When I tried my number it didn’t seem to work on my phone. I may try on a computer later.
Also apparently there’s a recall for the transmission control module in 2013 CVT Kizashis? It was issued like a month after I got my car but I never received a notice and my service advisor never mentioned it when he looked my VIN up. Hmm.
OliverB

Too bad our Canadian equivalent doesn't support VIN lookups for Suzuki branded cards. Why? I have no idea. I'll give them a call on Monday.
2007 SX4
2011 Kizashi
Ronzuki

OliverB wrote:I called an ex dealer for an appointment. The lady on the phone said all the recalls had already been done on the car.
Did you ask her which version of the recall for the same problem the car received? I assume you had the first, original vent tube recall fix done.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
KlutzNinja

Bumping this thread again with another update:
If your state (for example, California) requires you to get this kind of recall done (that involves emissions) in order to renew your vehicle registration, make sure that when you get the fix done, the service center gives you the Proof of Corrections Certificate showing the fix was done and that it passed some kind of test. It should be orange. This document must be mailed to the DMV with the renewal document and check; the invoice for the repair won’t suffice, according to this website:
https://needtags.com/forum/Registration ... -Penalties

My renewal time is in two months and I’m just realizing my mistake, so hopefully I still have some time if the mail around here still works. The service center should mail me the certificate soon. I think part of my issue was that I may have gotten my registration renewal letter after I got the fix done, so I wouldn’t have known about the certificate anyway.

Otherwise things have been okay so far since the recall.
Drem

I still get barraged constantly with recall notices and extended warranty offers. They robo call me about once every other day for those warranty offers too. Always comes from a different number so I can't effectively block them. Never giving my number or address out to a dealer ever again.

My state doesn't have inspections so I'll never do those recalls. I'd have to drive out of state to get them done, and I generally distrust anyone with my vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver