Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
 #51918  by bdleonard
 Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:44 pm
AirRideFan wrote: Please post some pics and let us know how the heated seat connections go...hoping they are in there and plug and play. (That's how the Mazda MX-6 was- prob the Probe, too)

I can say confidently, that they are Plug and Play. All of the wiring and fuses already exist for power and heat on both the passenger and driver side . I physically checked before I started just to be sure. I just need to pop in the climate panel with the heated seat buttons once it arrives, which is about a 5 minute job. Not too important for 3 or 4 more months, but it should be here this week anyways :-) Once I have everything finalized and cleaned up, I'll post a thread with a few pictures.
 #51929  by KuroNekko
 Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:35 am
I had the gas tank replacement recall work done Wednesday. I didn't really have a choice as the California DMV renewal notice explicitly stated that proof of this recall work completion was necessary for renewal. However, it's not like I opposed it. At nearly ten years old with 100K miles, I don't think it's a bad idea to get some brand new parts like a new gas tank. The gas cap is all new too which is a part that eventually fails over time. I also got that exhaust rattle inadvertently fixed as I hoped because the recall work required exhaust component removal. Win-win.

For those interested, the recall work time is faster for FWD models given AWD components aren't in the way. I dropped off my car at 9AM and got the call that it was ready at 2PM of the same day. Tech notes on the document reads:
"Replaced fuel tank and breather box with new updated ones, breather box only weighed 127g, did not have to replace canister. test drove car, all is good."
The car is fine and in fact, better than before given the rattle is gone. :D

I know some people don't want this done given the mentality of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I get it. But my Kizashi is a 6 spd manual that will likely be running another decade from now so any component vulnerability getting addressed is a good thing in my mind. I also sometimes drive on dirt roads to campsites and hiking trailheads so I didn't want to take chances with a clogged breather vent.
 #51950  by KlutzNinja
 Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:22 pm
Glad it seemed to go well for you, KuroNekko. Just be sure to check the wheel by the gas tank because, while the tech at our service center is good at what he does, he didn’t put the lug nuts back to torque spec. I wouldn’t be surprised if technicians at other service centers make this goof as well.
 #51951  by bdleonard
 Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:34 am
Got my replacement climate panel with the heated seat controls installed, and tested it out to make sure both the controls and the new headed leather seats were working properly. It checked out on both counts, so I will soon have a tan cloth interior posted in the classified section and I'll try to take a few pictures of the black leather seats in place of the tan cloth and post a quick thread on process / results from swapping the seats.
 #51959  by SRN
 Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:04 pm

Over the course of 18 days I drove my Kizashi 4,226.5 miles round trip from Salt Lake City to the start of Highway 101 outside Olympia, WA, down the entire Pacific Coast Highway to San Diego, CA, and then home. Amazing trip.

The Kizashi was a perfect vehicle for this. Sporty enough to make the curvy stuff fun (the Straight of Juan de Fuca Highway between Sekiu and the Makah Indian Reservation is a must drive if you get the chance) but tame enough to make the long straight sections comfortable.
 #52024  by KuroNekko
 Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:01 am
KlutzNinja wrote:Glad it seemed to go well for you, KuroNekko. Just be sure to check the wheel by the gas tank because, while the tech at our service center is good at what he does, he didn’t put the lug nuts back to torque spec. I wouldn’t be surprised if technicians at other service centers make this goof as well.

Thanks. The work was solid other than the wheel well liner not being properly tucked in and also missing one plastic rivet. I can find a replacement. I'm overall happy about the new parts like an all-new gas tank and filler cap plus the exhaust rattle is completely gone.

SRN wrote:Over the course of 18 days I drove my Kizashi 4,226.5 miles round trip from Salt Lake City to the start of Highway 101 outside Olympia, WA, down the entire Pacific Coast Highway to San Diego, CA, and then home. Amazing trip.

The Kizashi was a perfect vehicle for this. Sporty enough to make the curvy stuff fun (the Straight of Juan de Fuca Highway between Sekiu and the Makah Indian Reservation is a must drive if you get the chance) but tame enough to make the long straight sections comfortable.

Great photo! I totally agree that the Kizashi is an excellent touring vehicle.

As for myself, I spent last Saturday on the Kizashi doing the following:
- Oil change (First change to Kirkland Signature Full Synthetic)
- Rear shock replacement with KYB bump stoppers.
- Brake fluid flush.
- Brake air bleeding on all calipers.
- Tire rotation.

I took some photos during the rear shock replacement and will be sharing some info in the appropriate thread.
 #52027  by Drem
 Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:30 am
I wish there was a "like" button for posts like there is on other forums I use. Can we get one?

I got a new pair of speakers to try out. These are Bliesma T25B-6 beryllium tweeters from Germany.

The plan is to pick a new tweeter and small midrange and make an enclosure for them on the dash/pillar. Then I will remake these kick pods to have larger volume and use exclusively for midbass. For now I just swapped them in to see if I like them better than my silk dome tweeters I've used for ~20 years. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk