So, um, what do you do if you lock yourself out?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
~tc~

I don't know how I lost them. I am typically paranoid OCD about stuff like that. To the point that my ritual at airport security is keys out of pocket, into same pocket in bag. Watch off and into bag. If I don't have precheck, then belt shoes and 311 bag into bin. Bin goes into X-ray first, followed by bag, lastly suitcase. All bags separated by 12" or so on the belt. Every time, always the same.

The point of the post was that if you have a regular key, you call a mobile locksmith, and they can change out the cylinders and make you new keys on the spot if necessary, and you can hide a key or carry a spare easily enough to eliminate the need. But with the proximity setup, you can't. If you don't have a spare (somewhere) you have to tow the car to the dealer ... Bummer.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
SamirD

~tc~ wrote:I don't know how I lost them. I am typically paranoid OCD about stuff like that. To the point that my ritual at airport security is keys out of pocket, into same pocket in bag. Watch off and into bag. If I don't have precheck, then belt shoes and 311 bag into bin. Bin goes into X-ray first, followed by bag, lastly suitcase. All bags separated by 12" or so on the belt. Every time, always the same.
I'm the same way. But after I had a cell phone stolen in Paris at the security belt (it never came out the other side), I now double-check all my belongings before I leave security. I've also gotten to a point where I have everything packed into my bags and shoes off by the time I reach the bins. 8-)
paininthenuts

SamirD wrote:
~tc~ wrote:No, I mean on the car, like the old magnetic "hideakey" boxes, or even in your wallet or whatever.
I solved this problem a long time ago permanently--just carry two sets of keys, one in each pocket. Chances are you won't lock both sets.

Of course, this worked well until I got married and gave the other set to my wife...who then lost it. :(
Divorce your wife and get the keys back. Problem solved !!
SamirD

paininthenuts wrote:
SamirD wrote:
~tc~ wrote:No, I mean on the car, like the old magnetic "hideakey" boxes, or even in your wallet or whatever.
I solved this problem a long time ago permanently--just carry two sets of keys, one in each pocket. Chances are you won't lock both sets.

Of course, this worked well until I got married and gave the other set to my wife...who then lost it. :(
Divorce your wife and get the keys back. Problem solved !!
Nope, she lost them good. I don't think they're coming back even if we split. :lol:
SAEED_KIZZY

KuroNekko wrote:
You can in a way. This is how I would do it:
Hide the key and only the key in a magnetic box or keep it in a wallet, separate key chain, etc. This will allow you entry to the vehicle.
Hide a second fob inside the car (locked in glove box?) but with the battery removed and taped to the exterior of the fob. This will disable the radio signal between the fob and the car and allow you to hide the fob inside the vehicle and lock it.
So in the event that you lose your original fob key, you can enter the vehicle with the spare key alone, recover the hidden fob inside the car, install the battery inside the fob, and then fully operate the car.
A pain in the ass, yes, but this is a way to do it.
I read this post and test it put my other FOB in the glove box with the battery removed and everything worked OK.
but in some Kizashi models (like mine) there is a deadlock mechanism in the locking system. if this feature enabled, prevents the car from opening by KEY by any means only FOB can open car doors.
this deadlock mechanism activated when the remote controller’s lock button or the driver’s door request switch is pressed twice within 3 seconds.
in this situation, there is no way Kizashi opens and we are in deep deep trouble.
SAEED_KIZZY

update:
it turns out with key I can disable deadlock mechanism by 2 times turning to unlock position and open car door but car alarm will be generated with massive horn sound :x :x and I have to install battery into FOB and press push/start button to turn off alarm.