What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

I had the gas tank replacement recall work done Wednesday. I didn't really have a choice as the California DMV renewal notice explicitly stated that proof of this recall work completion was necessary for renewal. However, it's not like I opposed it. At nearly ten years old with 100K miles, I don't think it's a bad idea to get some brand new parts like a new gas tank. The gas cap is all new too which is a part that eventually fails over time. I also got that exhaust rattle inadvertently fixed as I hoped because the recall work required exhaust component removal. Win-win.

For those interested, the recall work time is faster for FWD models given AWD components aren't in the way. I dropped off my car at 9AM and got the call that it was ready at 2PM of the same day. Tech notes on the document reads:
"Replaced fuel tank and breather box with new updated ones, breather box only weighed 127g, did not have to replace canister. test drove car, all is good."
The car is fine and in fact, better than before given the rattle is gone. :D

I know some people don't want this done given the mentality of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I get it. But my Kizashi is a 6 spd manual that will likely be running another decade from now so any component vulnerability getting addressed is a good thing in my mind. I also sometimes drive on dirt roads to campsites and hiking trailheads so I didn't want to take chances with a clogged breather vent.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
KlutzNinja

Glad it seemed to go well for you, KuroNekko. Just be sure to check the wheel by the gas tank because, while the tech at our service center is good at what he does, he didn’t put the lug nuts back to torque spec. I wouldn’t be surprised if technicians at other service centers make this goof as well.
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)
bdleonard

Got my replacement climate panel with the heated seat controls installed, and tested it out to make sure both the controls and the new headed leather seats were working properly. It checked out on both counts, so I will soon have a tan cloth interior posted in the classified section and I'll try to take a few pictures of the black leather seats in place of the tan cloth and post a quick thread on process / results from swapping the seats.
SRN

Over the course of 18 days I drove my Kizashi 4,226.5 miles round trip from Salt Lake City to the start of Highway 101 outside Olympia, WA, down the entire Pacific Coast Highway to San Diego, CA, and then home. Amazing trip.

The Kizashi was a perfect vehicle for this. Sporty enough to make the curvy stuff fun (the Straight of Juan de Fuca Highway between Sekiu and the Makah Indian Reservation is a must drive if you get the chance) but tame enough to make the long straight sections comfortable.
1986 Suzuki Samurai JX (Tintop)
1990 Mazda Miata
1994 Isuzu Trooper
2012 Suzuki Kizashi GTS Sport (6MT)
KuroNekko

KlutzNinja wrote:Glad it seemed to go well for you, KuroNekko. Just be sure to check the wheel by the gas tank because, while the tech at our service center is good at what he does, he didn’t put the lug nuts back to torque spec. I wouldn’t be surprised if technicians at other service centers make this goof as well.
Thanks. The work was solid other than the wheel well liner not being properly tucked in and also missing one plastic rivet. I can find a replacement. I'm overall happy about the new parts like an all-new gas tank and filler cap plus the exhaust rattle is completely gone.
SRN wrote: Over the course of 18 days I drove my Kizashi 4,226.5 miles round trip from Salt Lake City to the start of Highway 101 outside Olympia, WA, down the entire Pacific Coast Highway to San Diego, CA, and then home. Amazing trip.

The Kizashi was a perfect vehicle for this. Sporty enough to make the curvy stuff fun (the Straight of Juan de Fuca Highway between Sekiu and the Makah Indian Reservation is a must drive if you get the chance) but tame enough to make the long straight sections comfortable.
Great photo! I totally agree that the Kizashi is an excellent touring vehicle.

As for myself, I spent last Saturday on the Kizashi doing the following:
- Oil change (First change to Kirkland Signature Full Synthetic)
- Rear shock replacement with KYB bump stoppers.
- Brake fluid flush.
- Brake air bleeding on all calipers.
- Tire rotation.

I took some photos during the rear shock replacement and will be sharing some info in the appropriate thread.
Drem

I wish there was a "like" button for posts like there is on other forums I use. Can we get one?

I got a new pair of speakers to try out. These are Bliesma T25B-6 beryllium tweeters from Germany.

The plan is to pick a new tweeter and small midrange and make an enclosure for them on the dash/pillar. Then I will remake these kick pods to have larger volume and use exclusively for midbass. For now I just swapped them in to see if I like them better than my silk dome tweeters I've used for ~20 years. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver
Drem

Testing with aforementioned midrange speakers. I made some foam enclosures to play around with aiming before I do anything permanent. I may wait until spring at this point because this is getting me by and winter temps are here.

Odometer is 24818 Image

KuroNekko

I've been a bit absent from the site lately due to the busyness of life and other distractions but my Kizashi has been ever-present in my life as it continues to be my daily driver and work vehicle. In the last few months, I got around to doing a few things with the Kizashi. Maintenance-wise, I finally cleaned the throttle body, MAF sensor, and the PCV valve. I wish I did this sooner. The throttle body had black crud on the back side thus previous posts on this topic helped as a heads-up on looking for this. I'll post details on this at that thread.
While at it, I also cleaned the MAF sensor with an appropriate cleaner and also sprayed into the PCV valve with the throttle body cleaner. Prior to the cleanings, I sometimes experienced a phenomenon of the engine stalling out after starting. I'd have to start the car again and rev it to keep the engine running. Once warm, it was fine. Nonetheless, I suspected it might be related to a dirty throttle body thus cleaned it and the other parts. Now, the car starts very well each time and throttle response and acceleration has noticeably improved. I highly recommend this cleaning trio if yours is neglected. I also want to remind to disconnect the battery first. I forgot to do so and after the cleaning, the idle would "bounce" a bit before settling at normal RPM. I then disconnected the battery for a bit and it cured the matter. Things are all groovy now and have been for weeks.

Sadly, I also hurt my Kizashi recently. As I've briefly mentioned in some of my latest posts, I have another newer Suzuki: a 2015 V-Strom 650 motorcycle. Got it back in June and have been riding when time allows. As a used bike, it came with a lot of adventure touring accessories and I added a skid plate and LED headlight bulbs. Truly another one of Suzuki's many great machines with legendary reliability and durability. While not the gnarliest adventure bike, it pretty much does everything well while being a good value. Anyhow, after one ride through the local mountains, I came back and pulled up at my carport in front of the Kizashi. Cut the engine and started to get off the bike. Now 500 nearly lbs of motorcycle then started to follow me off onto the Kizashi. %#@*! I had forgotten to put down the kick stand! FML! It was a slow fall that I managed to upright but not before the clutch lever dented the hood of the Kizashi. :cry: I plan to get paintless dent removal if it's a suitable candidate and I'll never make that mistake again. Sorry Kizashi!
KIMG4688.JPG
KIMG4688.JPG (214.32 KiB) Viewed 4945 times
I also took the Kizashi to Joshua Tree again when my buddy came to visit. Been there three times now in just this year but still epic each time. The park is huge so I try to visit a new place in the park each time.
The photos below are at Keys Point which is the highest point at the park accessible by paved roads. It's over 5000 feet high.
DSC06407.jpg
DSC06407.jpg (388.62 KiB) Viewed 4945 times
DSC06383.jpg
DSC06383.jpg (363.23 KiB) Viewed 4945 times
The photo of my Kizashi below is at Cap Rock but facing away from it.
DSC06411.jpg
DSC06411.jpg (340.74 KiB) Viewed 4945 times
DSC06414.jpg
DSC06414.jpg (334.66 KiB) Viewed 4945 times
Actual Cap Rock and surrounding area.
DSC06423.jpg
DSC06423.jpg (332 KiB) Viewed 4945 times
DSC06437.jpg
DSC06437.jpg (311.22 KiB) Viewed 4945 times
Drem

Hit 25k on my way home from work this morning. Image

LeoFromDE

I bought one :D what maintenance services would you recommend? So far I plan to bleed the clutch and change trans fluid because reverse gear is a bit clunky