sound system

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
LPSISRL

Drem wrote:Just a note you may be interested in. The factory RF speakers, at least the door mids, are only 2 ohm speakers. The industry standard is 4 ohm so you'll only draw half the power from the factory setup with most aftermarket speakers. My setup is completely aftermarket, I can show you pics of the removed RF speakers in the morning when I go home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Curious how you know that they are 2 ohms? Which doors?
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
LPSISRL

paininthenuts wrote:I have the sport, and wondered what anyone knows about the sound system. That's to say who makes it, and what watts per channel etc. I believe there are 4 complete speakers, 2 separate woofers and 2 separate tweeters, and it sounds amazing. Any other info would be appreciated

Cheers
425 watts, 10 speakers

(1) 8" dual voice-coil subwoofer on rear deck
(1) 2" mid-range on the dash
(2) 6" mid-bass front doors
(2) 1" tweeters front doors
(2) 6" midrange and 1" tweeter passenger doors full range (coaxials)

The front-door midbass drivers and rear-door coaxials get 50 watts each, the front tweeters and center channel get 25 watts and the sub gets 150 watts.
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
AirRideFan

LPSISRL wrote:
paininthenuts wrote:I have the sport, and wondered what anyone knows about the sound system. That's to say who makes it, and what watts per channel etc. I believe there are 4 complete speakers, 2 separate woofers and 2 separate tweeters, and it sounds amazing. Any other info would be appreciated

Cheers
425 watts, 10 speakers

(1) 8" dual voice-coil subwoofer on rear deck
(1) 2" mid-range on the dash
(2) 6" mid-bass front doors
(2) 1" tweeters front doors
(2) 6" midrange and 1" tweeter passenger doors full range (coaxials)

The front-door midbass drivers and rear-door coaxials get 50 watts each, the front tweeters and center channel get 25 watts and the sub gets 150 watts.
Awesome, that's exactly what I was FIGURING...how did you find those numbers out?

And since all of the other speakers are 2 Ohms - I'm guessing the sub is probably also.
(two 4-Ohm voice coils, wired parallel into 2 Ohms)
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!
LPSISRL

I got the numbers from an Edmonds review. I also turned up a picture of the tweeter removed and it was stamped 4 ohms on the back so I wouldn't bank that all the speakers are 2 ohms since at least the front tweeters are not. Replacement speakers from Crutchfield are 4 ohms for the door speakers both front and back. The subwoofer is 2 ohm, 1 ohm in each coil.

The RF system was standard on the US SLS model and an option for the Sport trim. On the SLS there was an optional nav system head unit for 2012 and 2013. (I think). I have PDFs of the original dealer marketing brouchures which are fun to look at.
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
Drem

LPSISRL wrote: Curious how you know that they are 2 ohms? Which doors?
I removed the front door speakers to use that install location. I never removed the other speakers, I just don't use them.
I also would bet that the total system wattage is "peak power," not RMS. Probably half, 200ish, and the fact that you can't turn it to max without distortion means less usable power still.

2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver
KuroNekko

LPSISRL wrote: The RF system was standard on the US SLS model and an option for the Sport trim. On the SLS there was an optional nav system head unit for 2012 and 2013. (I think). I have PDFs of the original dealer marketing brouchures which are fun to look at.
I believe all Kizashi Sport models had the RF system as they were the upper trim levels of the GTS and SLS. They changed packaging slightly over the years but I believe to get the factory nav, you needed the SLS.
Drem wrote: I also would bet that the total system wattage is "peak power," not RMS. Probably half, 200ish, and the fact that you can't turn it to max without distortion means less usable power still.
No, the Rockford Fosgate system without the nav was 425 Watts RMS.
https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/de ... 3-kizashi/
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

Drem wrote:I also would bet that the total system wattage is "peak power," not RMS. Probably half, 200ish, and the fact that you can't turn it to max without distortion means less usable power still.
Reputable companies like Rockford Fosgate rate their amplifiers at RMS and a reasonable amount of distortion like 1% or below. Scammer companies quote their output power at peak with distortion rates of 10% or so, which is unlistenable and dangerous to speakers. Home stereo has very specific laws about how output power may be quoted like: RMS per channel, 20 to 20K Hz, all channels driven, .1% total harmonic distortion. Car stereo is the Wild West in this regard with lots of unscrupulous actors. An amplifier which would be 200 watts in home stereo could easily be advertised at 2,000 watts in the car stereo business.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Drem

The quality of this system is not equivalent with RF aftermarket products though. Not their good ones anyway. Better than many stock speakers? Sure. Better than almost any aftermarket items not on the bargain shelf? No.

2011 - Sport SLS AWD - Platinum Silver
NickL

Hi guys.

I wanted to ask a question regarding the Radio in Kizashi but I didn't want to open a new topic.

I got some aftermarket multimedia 2din auto radio player in my Kizashi that previous owner "upgraded" . Multimedia is not bad at all, and even though it is a bit older generation it has many options including navigation, bluetooth, cd und usb player, Bluetooth connectivity etc.
However the Problem lies in a fact that Media is a Chineese product that allready starts to show it's weaknesses. What pisses me of is that from time to time the whole system freezes and it's immpossible to use it. Touchscreen is working but the physical buttons don't react. Even when I shut down the engine the player stays on so I have to :open the hood and remove minus from batterie in order to reset it. And lately it has started to happen more and more offen.

That's why I am thinkig od replacing it with an original Kizashi Radio. The problem is that here in Europe I have found only 1 used Kizashi radio on ebay, and it is not cheep at all. Owner asks arround 180 bucks which is in my opinion too much for a second hand radio with some basic options.

Thats why I was thinking maybe to invest a bit more money and to buy a better 2din mutlimedia player from some recognizable producer such as Sony, JVC, Kenwood or such.

I wanted to know if any of you guys allready did that and upgraded the radio with some newer multimedia devices? If yes which ones did you choose and are you satisfied with it?

Can You recomend me a player that is worth throwing arround 300 usd?

Thanks in advance! I am looking forward to your answers...
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
AirRideFan

NickL wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:48 pm
I wanted to know if any of you guys allready did that and upgraded the radio with some newer multimedia devices? If yes which ones did you choose and are you satisfied with it?

Can You recomend me a player that is worth throwing arround 300 usd?

Thanks in advance! I am looking forward to your answers...

I bought this headunit - from 2006 or 2007 I believe- planning on installing it in a future car- and am prob going to put it in my Kizash- This head unit was $1599 !! Kenwood's highest grade double din dvd unit available. Has THREE sets of high-output RCA outputs, too! I'd def say shoot this seller and offer because it's been listed on eBay for a couple months, at least. Besides- if they removed it from a Lambo- that means they at least had ACCESS to a (flagship V12) Lambo..if not owned it themself. They can afford to drop the price $250 or so. Lol. https://www.ebay.com/itm/LAMBORGHINI-MU ... 890.l49292
2012 KIZASHI Sport SLS

ExtremeContact DWS Tuned tires on staggered Speedlines! :o
Ecsta V720 235/40's on the OEM 18's
Hakkapeliitta R2 235/45's on Sport Edition KV5 18's <- too heavy
WinterContact 215/55's on Lexus GS 16's this winter!