Nothing lasts forever

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

11/28/2020, at 146,857 miles. number 3 pooped its tranny.
Whine, then screaming whine, then no go.

Had it towed (34 miles) to the house. Started it to close a window, and tried it. Moved forward, reversed. Hmmm. Did it again to confirm; no weird noises, and it moved.
But.....
bdleonard

Obviously, I'd suggest starting by checking the fluid condition / level, but your latest was a 2013, right? Did you ever check to see if the 2013 TCM recall applied to your car or have it done?

I posted a copy of the notice here, a couple of years ago:
https://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4609
WESHOOT2

No idea about recall; imagine the dealer checked the fluid last week during oil change.....(assumption).
old tech

Sorry to here of your loss. I suspect the pick up screen is completely clogged over with primary failure grindings. When it sets for awhile , enough of the debris falls letting the fluid get by momentarily till it clogs over again. You have contributed a lot to the Kizashi following and Im not ready to here of you switching to another car brand . I know you arent going to have the car towed 8-9 hrs to get it here. So , is there a chance you would be interested in having the trans pulled there, drive it here and I could repair your unit and upgrade a few trouble spots while you wait ( 3 hrs maybe). This would make it ready for another 150 k miles even with your thrashings for a special Kizashi Club price ? Ill pm you that amount.
WESHOOT2

WOW!

I thank you most sincerely for your oh-so-kind and generous offer.

Being retired, finances are currently not optimum, and the wife and I are discussing options.
I mean, since the car overall is heavily trashed/thrashed and needs significant additional work. A lot....

I appreciate the offer, and may reach out for more details from you.

My gut tells me I need a new car......
Ronzuki

2020 just keeps on giving....very sorry to hear of the loss of what is very likely your last Kizashi. What a run though. How many total miles did you end up logging?

EDIT: from your other post "378,874 miles in those 3,629 days."

OT, very kind of you to offer such assistance to our Kizashi poster-guy (sorry Tim... poster-child simply can not apply).
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
WESHOOT2

Literally, we never know.......
KuroNekko

Alas, the day has come. Sorry to hear that your Kizashi's CVT gave up. While it's awesome to hear that Old Tech is offering a repair for what I'm certain is a generous arrangement, I can imagine a trek from Vermont to Pennsylvania is arduous at this season in addition to everything going on. You were also talking lately of vehicles to inevitably replace the Kizashi. I figure a replacement vehicle would be the easier resolution.

Keep us posted on what you do. Kizashi or not, you are family here.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

Will do.

What started as simply a service/maintenance journal morphed into family; I love you guys.

:drive:
LPSISRL

Best wishes to you whatever vehicle you choose to motor on down the road! I'm sure you'll be checking back in to see what's going on in Kizashi-land.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)