WOOD DASH

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
pmw1213

did mine myself, was easy just follow dash lines and work slow.
pmw1213

oops pic's
Attachments
Picture 1193.jpg
Picture 1169.jpg
Picture 1177.jpg
wyliec

That looks really nice, definately adds a touch of class!
gaww

pmw1213 wrote:oops pic's
What "wood' type - rosewood?

Mine is on order - supposed to ship in next few days. Also ordered some additional adhesive promoter, as many people have complained about not having enough. I see the instructions say to only open a corner of the packet and use Q-Tips to stretch it out, but would not want to run out in the middle of the install.

The instructions also mention applying 3M Prep-Sol 70 (Prep-Sol) cleaner - did that come in the kit?
pmw1213

COLOR WAS "MEDIUM BURL WOOD" YES CLEANER AND PREP CAME WITH IT, BUT IF USED LIKE ARMOUR ALL THEN REMOVE WITH ALCOHOL BEFORE USING THE KIT. IT EASY TO DO.
pmw1213

MINE CAME WITH TWO TUBES OF PREP THAT WAS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO DO THE CAR, USED ONE TUBE ON AC VENTS, DOORS, REAR AC VENT AND THEN THE OTHER TUBE ON THE CENTER PART OF DASH.
Firefly

I love the kit - but I have the NAV unit - and it seems they don't have the kit or that. Sucks.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
gaww

Firefly wrote:I love the kit - but I have the NAV unit - and it seems they don't have the kit or that. Sucks.
Good news - when I went to order the Sherwood kit, it offered it for the NAV unit dash also.
Firefly

gaww wrote:
Firefly wrote:I love the kit - but I have the NAV unit - and it seems they don't have the kit or that. Sucks.
Good news - when I went to order the Sherwood kit, it offered it for the NAV unit dash also.
Where did you order from? Thanks.
Former driver of a 2011 SLS AWD Platinum
gaww

Firefly wrote:
gaww wrote:
Where did you order from? Thanks.
I ordered from AutoAnything.com. Their Sherwood kit is listed as only for "without navigation", but B&I Dash Kits are for "all kizashi models".

I would use their chat line to be sure this includes nav models.