Transmission Problems

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
RickStar

The jury is still out on whether Suzuki will do right thing......Ours Kizashi has been in the shop now for 8 straight days. Transmission has been replaced and so has the computer (Transmission Control Module) Suzuki said they wanted the equipment back while it was broke so they could perform root cause analysis. I am so disappointed....we owned the car since the 10th and have only had it for 4 days out of the last 18 days. We're supposed to get the car back maybe Friday. To make matters worse, we're leaving for vacation Sunday and my wife absolutely does not want to take the Kizashi for fear of it ruining our vacation that we both work very hard to get. Stupid me.....I really thought they'd do everthing in their power correct this situation and make the customer whole again. It doesn't appear at this point that's going to happen. Good luck on your starter issues. It sounds like something pretty simple going on.
RickStar

Okay.....the saga continues. They replaced the transmission and the TCM. Japan wanted it back in the failed condition so it could be analyzed and have root cause analysis performed. Dealer put the new tranny in and it has been flawless since then. We've done about 2000 miles or so on the new tranny in the last 2 weeks...vacation. We owned the Kizzy 19 days and only had it at home for 4 of those days. Yep, it was in the shop 15 out of 19 days. Now,.....I asked earlier if Suzuki would take care of it and do the right thing. The answer is YES THEY DID!!!!! They really stood behind the car and made the whole ordeal tolerable. The dealership absolutely was top notch and Suzuki gave me everything that we asked for in terms of negotiations due to the pain and agony we endured. I won't share the exact details, but I will say that they absolutely came to the plate and confirmed to us that they wanted us to feel good about owning a Suzuki Kizashi. I'll let you guys know if anymore issues come up. We did get our first paint chip the other day. Pretty nasty one too. Right in the middle of the hood. We have Silver Platinum Mettalic.
Moto
Site Admin

Thank you for the update. Good to know they handled it well.
sloopercat

Glad to hear that too. The car is so amazing. I have driven a lot of higher end Audi, Lexus and Infiniti cars. This has got all they had for a price that is very appealing. A glitch here or there is expected with any manufacturer, it is how they are handled that make the difference.

I still think they would have a larger audience with a conventional auto, but I still would have gotten the manual.

I thougth about buying the SLS one this coming wekend...what do you guys say? Pull the trigger or NOT? Thanks for all comments.
Senegal

it's a sweet ride...trouble free @ 7600 miles
RickStar

To 92592: I would buy another one. Make sure you negotiate for a better price and a braw for the front end. They do have paint chipping problems that won't be covered under your warranty. Mine has two big chips out of it now and 2900 miles on it. It's never been on a gravel road.

You are gonna love the way it hugs the road and performs.
lookin

92592 wrote:I thougth about buying the SLS one this coming wekend...what do you guys say? Pull the trigger or NOT? Thanks for all comments.
Pull the trigger, you gonna love it sweet ride nothing better money well spent.. I havent had any paint issues no issues at all everyday driving
vwoom

Flukes/bugs like this are bound to happen, esp to 1st year editions of a new vehicle model..and is not isolated to Suzukis. Btw, sorry to hear about your ordeal...it's good to hear the problems got resolved on your Kizashi, with the dealer and Suzuki on top of it.
adamaoc

they had a lot of problems with those in the Forenza... but they were GM/Daewoo...

hope this isn't going to be a common issue.