Kizashi Differences Around the World

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
SamirD

bootymac wrote:
hotnyh wrote:Singapore-
1. No fog light
2. No heated seats
3. No sunroof option
4. No Manual option
5. No AWD option
6. No 'Suzuki' badge on left of boot lid
7. Now only available in Sport model
8. Only black interiors
9. OEM tyres are Yokohamas
10. No DVD/ Nav head unit option.
11. Rockford Fosgate head unit only in the Sport models

and apparently I'm the only one with a maroon one in the forum! :D
Interesting! Could you tell us which Yokohama tires specifically?
Yes please!

Very interesting that it's so stripped down compared to other markets. Do they not even have these options on the sport model?
SamirD

boman wrote:
Interesting! Could you tell us which Yokohama tires specifically?
I don't know about Singapore. But New Zealand got Yokohama E70 Decibel tyres. As factory fitment.
Very interesting. I'm super-curious now if Singapore got the same tires.
SamirD

I love this thread! I've never participated in such an international thread before on an automotive forum. Kizashi owners rock! 8-)
BTkizashi

SamirD wrote:
BTkizashi wrote:UK Kizashi

Sunroof
Full leather interior auto seats
HID headlamps / washers
Fogs front and rear
Auto wipers
Parking sensors front / rear
No Fosgate...just rear speaker in boot ( 8 speakers )
AND THE CAR IS FANTASTIC !

Cheers BT
Thank you! How does the rear fog light activate? Is there a separate switch or does it turn on with the front fogs? What bulb do your front fogs use?
The rears are activated on headlamp stalk and the front fogs are a switch down beside the parking sensor switch :D or it might be the other way round.

Cheers BT
hotnyh

Sorry didn't check the forum for a while.
Like NZ our stock Singapore Kizashis ride on Yokohama dB E70s
http://www.productreview.com.au/p/yokoh ... l-e70.html

Run of the mill tyre... ok for noise. Seems to have quite a stiff sidewall though as I was running one tyre nearly flat without knowing it!
Haven't noticed any serious grip issues but then again speed limits here are low and enforcement is strict so I seldom push hard enough to reach the tyre limits.

We have no seasons except hot/sunny, hot/heavy rain or hot/cloudy... temp never falls below 22C and everything is urban so AWD is fairly pointless here...

Manual cars don't sell well here - at least not for the past 15 years. The traffic volume is so high and there's so much stop-start traffic your clutch leg would be unequally developed!

Sunroofs traditionally have not been popular but that is changing with time. It's generally so hot and sunny that no one would want more sunlight pouring into the car... and sunroofs in cars of old had a propensity to leak in our monsoon rain! I've just had a look at the new S-Cross in the showroom and it comes with 'the world's 1st dual sunroof' and AWD to boot! It's imported from Hungary.

Sat-Nav/ GPS only took off here in the past few years. There were no official maps for many years and even early adopters here with grey market Garmin sets had to form a GPS fraternity and contribute towards building up the database. The official Garmin maps now actually leverage on this community. Same for Malaysia. So the newer cars often have built in GPS now. It's slowly filtering down to the lower end models as std equipment. Even the new Solio ( a tiny 1.2L JDM Suzuki) which about to launch here has a GPS head unit.
Last edited by hotnyh on Sat May 10, 2014 10:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
paininthenuts

hotnyh wrote:Sorry didn't check the forum for a while.
Like NZ our stock Singapore Kizashis ride on Yokohama dB E70s
http://www.productreview.com.au/p/yokoh ... l-e70.html

Run of the mill tyre... ok for noise. Seems to have quite a stiff sidewall though as I was running one tyre nearly flat without knowing it!
Haven't noticed any serious grip issues but then again speed limits here a low and enforcement is strict so I seldom push hard enough to reach the tyre limits.
We are quite lucky in the UK, we have a limit of 70mph, but don't get bothered by the police under 90mph. In Germany they have no limit, unless stated.
boman

Just to sum up the New Zealand Version of the Kizashi.

Mine:
1. Auto HID Headlights
2. Auto Wipers
3. Parking Sensors, front and rear
4. Fog Lights in Front Bumper
5. Headlight Washers
6. Rear Tail light
7. Rockford Fosgate Stereo, with BT.
8. Full Sunroof
9. Black Leather interior
10. Electric Mirrors
11. Auto Dimming rear mirror
12. Yokohama E70 Decibel Tyres
13. 18” Alloys, including full size spare
14. 6 Speed Manual
15. Electronic Stability Control.

Included a brochure for the latest spec Kizashi. Without The RF stereo.
Attachments
Kizashi+2.4+LTD.pdf
(3.9 MiB) Downloaded 254 times
SamirD

BTkizashi wrote:The rears are activated on headlamp stalk and the front fogs are a switch down beside the parking sensor switch :D or it might be the other way round.

Cheers BT
Interesting. Can you share a picture of the stalk? I'm very curious.
paininthenuts

SamirD wrote:
BTkizashi wrote:The rears are activated on headlamp stalk and the front fogs are a switch down beside the parking sensor switch :D or it might be the other way round.

Cheers BT
Surely you have rear fog lights ?
KuroNekko

paininthenuts wrote:
SamirD wrote:

Cheers BT
Surely you have rear fog lights ?
Rear fog lights are a very European thing and are rarely seen outside Europe. Just about the only cars that have them in the US are European-made European cars like Audi, Jaguars, Land Rovers, Mercedes, etc. North American-made German cars like the VW Beetle, Passat, etc. don't have them.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)